SF Placemaking Summit: When we focus on PLACE, anything is possible! (5 LUs)
- AIA San Francisco
130 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA
View on Google Maps
- Next Steps
- Register Here
SF Placemaking Summit: When we focus on PLACE, anything is possible!
Placemaking encourages action. Join us for a half-day event where we will explore:
- How San Francisco can further embrace, participate in and benefit from the International Placemaking Movement
- What City government can do to better support community driven Placemaking from the top down
- What we can learn from Placemaking success in San Francisco and beyond
- How to support and leverage grassroots Placemaking efforts, create a demand for Placemaking, and inspire a culture of engagement and ownership within our communities.
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Registration. Lunch is provided.
Interactive Poster Board - What other movements connect with and enhance Placemaking?
Interactive Poster Board - What is your definition of Placemaking?
Presentation Poster Boards - Various SF Placemaking efforts.
12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.
Welcome and Introductions. Why does Placemaking Matter?
12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Session #1: Placemaking as a Movement. How can San Francisco further participate in and benefit from the International Placemaking Movement?
1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Session #2: Place Governance and Place Capital. How can we rethink governance to support Placemaking?
2:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m-4:00 p.m.
Session #3: Innovation, Community Districts and Place-making. How can innovation efforts and Community Districts better embrace and take advantage of Placemaking?
4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
Session #4: Break Out Groups: Create an Action Plan
4:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Report back and wrap up
6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Reception hosted by Center for Architecture + Design, celebrating its 10th anniversary. This reception is a fundraiser to support the Center’s annual programming. A donation of $20 is suggested. To register for the reception, click here.
The summit will feature remarks by and conversations with:
- Laurie Halsey Brown | senseofplace LAB
- Noah Budnick | Incoming ED SF Bicycle Coalition
- Marina Christodoulides | MK Think
- Hunter Franks | Neighborhood Postcard Project
- Eliza Gregory | Massive Urban Change
- Aaron Jon Hyland | Placemaking San Francisco
- Jennifer Jones | AIA San Francisco
- Ethan Kent | Project for Public Spaces
- Mike Lanza | Playborhood
- Blaine Merker | Gehl Architects
- Mary McCue | CEO MJM Management Group
- Dan Parham | Neighborland
- John Rahaim | Director of San Francisco Planning Department
- Kara Riggio | Placemaking Chicago
- Peter Smith | Place Leaders Asia and CEO (City Administrator) of Adelaide Australia
- Scott Wiener | Supervisor, San Francisco Board of Supervisors, District 8
- Michael Yarne | Build, Inc. and Up Urban, Inc.
Learn more about our speakers