About AIASF Home Tours
Started in San Francisco in 2004, AIASF’s Home Tours program is the first tour series of its kind in the Bay Area to promote a wide variety of architectural styles, neighborhoods, and residences — all from the architect's point of view. Projects are showcased via an open house format and tour participants have the opportunity to see some of the region's latest projects from the inside out, meet design teams, explore housing trends, and discover design solutions that inspire unique ways of living.
This is an excellent opportunity for architects and homeowners to showcase the positive impact of great residential design in San Francisco and demonstrate the ways design contributes to an improved quality of our daily lives. Members and nonmembers are encouraged to apply.
Specifically, the tour aims to:
- Celebrate great design in the region, revealing ways it continues to contribute to our unique quality of life.
- Promote the awareness, understanding, appreciation, and experience of excellent design.
- Engage the community in conversation about residential design and connection with the surrounding environment.
- Provide insights into the design process with pre-tour lectures and opportunities to interact with architects and designers on site during the tour.
- Demonstrate the positive impact of great design as it contributes to our economy, environment and community identity.
- Highlight the innovative talent of our local design community and inspire a new generation of architects to explore the field.
Presented by AIA San Francisco and the Center for Architecture + Design, the AIASF Home Tours (formerly San Francisco Living: Home Tours) program is an open house event featuring a select number of modern residences. As the first tour program in the Bay Area to promote residential design, this popular event showcases a variety of architectural styles, neighborhoods and residences, including single-family homes, multi-family complexes, affordable housing and contemporary renovations. Tour participants see some of the latest residential projects from the inside out, meet design teams, explore housing trends, and discover innovative design solutions that inspire unique modern living.