Mastering Green Roofs (1.5 LU/HSW)
Green roofs are a great tool for cities to improve their green footprint, for architects to improve their buildings’ performance and appearance, for landscape architects to expand their landscape canvas, for building owners to lower their energy costs, and much more. Like every other tool though, green roofs can only perform as desired when designed and implemented by skilled and knowledgeable professionals. This engaging presentation will cover the benefits, challenges, risks, and different versions of this promising design technology. The four presenters come with unique professional expertise, shedding light on the various aspects of green roof assemblies.
- Understand the importance, the environmental and cost benefits, and the construction complications and restrictions of green roofs
- Review San Francisco’s Better Roofs ordinance and LEED credit options for green roofs
- Explore the feasibility and constructibility criteria of including a green roof in a project
- Learn best practices and construction standards to successfully waterproof a green roof assembly
- Explore mainstream and alternative options for irrigation of green roofs