Online Course: Government Solutions for Architecture/Design Firms doing international work (1 LU)
AIASF International Practice Committee featured event with the support of the US Commercial Services.
The events from US commercial services and their partner agencies at AIASF are exclusively available as online courses during the CoViD-19 pandemic until the reopening of the AIASF facilities. Please register at the link below to gain access to the Panel Discussion with the Q&A session at the end.
This International Architect Moderated Panel presentation is a brought to us by the agencies described below and is targeted to any design professional service firms operating internationally in or from California with each agency having its own emphasis on different business resources relevant to international work.
AIASF International Practice Committee featured event. This is a free government-funded webinar for LUs, put your AIA number in the optional field area during registration.
The Committees champions and California licensed architect moderator has structured the content to be relevant to International Practice topics associated with the Learning Objectives:
After attending this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the variety of business incentives available including credit and insurance tools, business intelligence, introductory venues, and SBA assistance;
- Understand the limitations and the challenges of international design professional service business operations;
- Discuss application processes for each agencies programs;
- Comprehend the precursor requirements for qualification to programs;
- Illustrate key regulations and rules applied to participants and where to learn more.
This session offers information about each agency’s services and offerings where relevant to design services and provides time for moderated Question and Answer session at the end of each agency’s presentation.
U.S. Commercial Service – San Francisco
Host: Douglas Wallace, Director
U.S. Commercial Service – Los Angeles
Presenter: Terri Batch, Sr. International Trade Specialist
Export-Import Bank of the U.S. – Western Region
Presenter: Sandra Donzella, Deputy Managing Director
U.S. Small Business Administration – San Francisco
Presenter: Jeff Deiss, Export Finance Director West, Office of International Trade, SBA
The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (California)
Presenter: Dianna Dominguez: Special Advisor for International Affairs and Trade
American Institute of Architects – San Francisco chapter
Moderator: Peter M. Mueller, AIA, co-chair; International Practice Committee, AIASF
Please also see related postings on our committee webpages for similar opportunities and resources for international practices:
- International Requests for Proposals
- International webinars regarding professional services events overseas
For more information about the Committee, the presenting agencies, and their events: