An examination of Exterior Grade Phenolic (EGP) including how and why it should be used to produce aesthetically pleasing, functional, and safe rainscreen cladding systems.
- A history and overview of how rainscreen cladding systems work to reduce moisture penetration in a building’s envelope
- Review the history and manufacturing process of Exterior Grade Phenolics (EGP)
- Analysis of third-party performance criteria for EGP and a description of the evaluation methods of the three tests most required by building codes
- Examine and discuss installation systems for EGP
- Review projects that have successfully utilized EGP
The AIA continuing education credit for this course is provided by ABET Laminati.