Website 450 architects
Intermediate Architect – 450 Architects, San Francisco, CA
WHO WE ARE:
We are a hands-on architecture studio that works with forward thinking clients to design schools, homes and healthy living environments. We are known for our attention to detail, and our emphasis on high performance design. Our current work includes private and public schools, single and multi-family residences, public works and open space projects.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We seek to employ a talented, experienced designer with excellent verbal and graphic communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with clients and team members, a good understanding of building codes, a knowledge of architectural detailing and an enthusiasm for learning.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are an employee owned firm that offers ownership and profit sharing to all employees. Our waterfront office provides a dynamic, casual workplace, fun and talented team members, an opportunity to work on exciting projects, and potential for advancement. Based on experience we offer a competitive compensation package including 401(k), health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, commuter benefits and reimbursement for continuing education.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Five to Seven years of related professional experience, preferably including design, detailing and permitting experience on custom residential or educational projects
- Licensure preferred, preferably in California
- Demonstrated Revit 3D modeling/BIM proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, working in collaboration with the clients, Firm Principal, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Oversee production of the BIM(Revit) model and drawing sets as required for client presentations, agency approvals, budgeting and construction
- Develop and track project work plan, staffing, budget and schedule
- Research and specify materials, products and systems
- During Construction Administration, attend OAC meetings, oversee RFI responses, submittals and shop drawing review
- Assist in growing the firm’s common knowledge through initiating relevant Lunch and Learns, seeking out skill building opportunities and lessons learned
Candidates should be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, and be prepared to travel to the office and job sites as required. Non-Exempt, Full Time, Travel may be required, Overtime may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please email a Zip folder (less than 10 MB) with a pdf of your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com addressed to Richard Parker. The subject line should only include: Intermediate Architect – YOUR NAME. No cloud links, hard copies or phone calls, please.
To protect our community 450 Architects require our team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.