Website Atelier Cho Thompson
Atelier Cho Thompson is an award-winning, bicoastal, multidisciplinary design and concept firm, engaged in the art of architecture, interiors, graphics, brand strategy, furniture, installations, and exhibitions. The firm has won the Architect’s Newspaper Young Architect Award, Anna Hernandez IIDA Visionary Award, Dezeen Longlist for Emerging Architect, and various awards from the IIDA, AIA, NYCxDesign, Contract Magazine, and more. Our expertise and passions transcend the conventional boundaries between these disciplines, resulting in a richness borne of the cross-pollination of ideas and strategies from across this spectrum of design. This integrated design approach produces holistic environments in which all elements are deeply related to each other and to the heart of a central concept.
Join our multidisciplinary design practice as a full-time Intermediate Designer / Architect based in our San Francisco office. Our work culture is creative and collaborative. Our project portfolio ranges from commercial TIs, cafes & restaurants, educational organizations, and residences to public projects, packaging design, installations, environmental graphics, branding, and furniture.Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of bachelor’s or masters degree in architecture. Masters preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to complete tasks accurately with strong attention to detail.
- Experience producing design, permit and construction documents, etc. Well-rounded professional background that includes creative architectural design and documentation experience at multiple project phases, technical research, and detailing. Construction administration experience also desired.
- Proficiency in Revit is a must. AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Enscape or Lumion, and Rhino desired with outstanding graphic presentation skills.
- Interest in multidisciplinary design, shifting gears, and wearing multiple hats.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and graphic communication skills.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- Experience with commercial and/or single-family residential design preferred.
- Experience with FF&E selection and coordination would be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with state and local building codes, and accessibility requirements.
- 5-8 years experience desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave that exceed industry standards
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- WFH stipend
- Professional licensure support
- Employer loan repayment program
To apply, please submit cover letter indicating why you are a good fit, CV, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Intermediate Designer/Architect” in the subject line. PDF files preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com