Website Atelier Cho Thompson
San Francisco Sr. Designer / Project Architect: Atelier Cho Thompson is a bicoastal, multidisciplinary design and concept firm, engaged in the art of architecture, interiors, graphics, brand strategy, furniture, installations, and exhibitions. The firm has won the Architect’s Newspaper Young Architect Award, Anna Hernandez/Luna Textiles IIDA Visionary Award, Dezeen Longlist for Emerging Architect, and various awards from the IIDA, AIA, NYCxDesign, Contract Magazine, and more. Our expertise and passions transcend the conventional boundaries between these disciplines, resulting in a richness borne of the cross-pollination of ideas and strategies from across this spectrum of design. This integrated design approach produces holistic environments in which all elements are deeply related to each other and to the heart of a central concept.
Join our multidisciplinary design practice as a full-time Sr. Designer / Project Architect based in our San Francisco office. Our work culture is creative and collaborative. Our project portfolio ranges from commercial TIs, cafes & restaurants, schools, and residences to public projects, packaging design, installations, environmental graphics, branding, and furniture. We are looking for a good fit and can be somewhat flexible on the years of experience.
- Completion of bachelor’s or masters degree in architecture. Masters preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to complete tasks accurately with strong attention to detail.
- Experience producing design, permit and construction documents, specifications, etc. Proficiency with construction administration processes and FF&E selection/specification.
- Proficiency of Revit and Adobe Creative Suite a must. Also seeking someone with experience with AutoCAD, Enscape and/or Lumion, and Rhino with outstanding graphic presentation skills.
- Interest in multidisciplinary design, shifting gears, and wearing multiple hats.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills. Must be a team player and work well with others.
- Experience managing project teams and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience with commercial and/or single-family residential design preferred.
- 8-12 years experience desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary depending on your level of experience
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave that exceed industry standards
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Employer loan repayment program
- Professional licensure support
To apply, please submit cover letter, CV, and work samples to email@example.com, including “Sr. Designer/Architect” in the subject line. PDF files preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org