Website BAR Architects
BAR Architects is seeking highly motivated, personable, well-rounded Project Architects – Managers who can lead with boldness, innovate with purpose, make it about people, practice environmental stewardship, and direct a collaborative, inclusive process. Current and upcoming project opportunities in both of our offices span mixed-use, multi-family affordable and market rate housing, hospitality, and custom home markets.
Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience, including 3+ years in the role of Project Architect and/or Project Manager. Candidates must have demonstrated market sector focus – in multifamily, hospitality, or custom homes and experience with all phases of the project life cycle coupled with a proven ability to lead and manage interdisciplinary design and client teams.
Qualifications and Experience Desired:
- Excellent design skills including presentation, conceptual design, and design development
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communications skills
- Ability to lead, inspire and persuade teams, clients, and consultants and in public presentations
- Strong interest in educating and mentoring younger team members
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from programming through construction phase
- Demonstrated project management skills including meeting schedule, budget, and quality expectations; excellent organizational, record-keeping, and contract management capabilities
- Excellent technical skills and thorough understanding of materials and construction detailing and methods
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- CA Licensed Architect, or significant progress toward achieving licensure
- Knowledge and application of California Building Codes and ADA requirements
- Knowledge and application of sustainability rating systems; sustainability accreditation highly desired
- Fluent in Revit; proficient in Adobe CS, MS Office, and Sketch-Up or Rhino
- Professional Architecture Degree
At BAR Architects our diverse practice has always had a singular focus – to create places that inspire and that stand the test of time while meeting each of our client’s specific needs in unique ways. A 75+ person architecture, interiors and planning firm with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we work across California and the world. Our studio environment combined with large firm resources fosters collaboration and encourages creative thinking while our size and diversity of practice offers broad opportunities for professional development. BAR has received over 200 Awards including a Firm Award from the AIA California Council and a Presidential Citation and continues to be widely published.
We are committed to the well-being of our employees and are working remotely at this time; as we return to our offices we will provide flexible scheduling and every other Friday off. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, commuter benefits, short and long term disability, long-term care, 401k & Profit Sharing, continuing education opportunities and reimbursement for ARE/CSE exams and sustainability accreditations.
Interested applicants should send a compelling letter of interest and project samples, resume, salary expectations and references to HR@bararch.com with subject line indicating: Project Architect / Manager.
We look forward to hearing from you and exploring how your passion for design and your skills, experience and interests align with opportunities at BAR. BAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@bararch.com