Website BBT Architects
ABOUT BBT ARCHITECTS:
BBT is a collective of individuals who listen, relate, and implement. With a purpose and passion to bring thoughtful, healthy buildings to life, we are both community members and community makers – at home in Bend and building beyond.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We have an opening for a full-time Project Architect who is passionate about design and takes ownership of design concept development. The position requires a minimum 3-5 years in a role as Project Architect and a professional degree in architecture. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership and organizational skills in their ability to execute a project and represent the firm with clients. The ability to communicate to the project team and adjust to changing project requirements is critical. Excellent design, technical, written, and verbal communication skills are essential. K-12 education and/or higher education experience is a plus.
- Manage projects from initial programming through construction completion
- Supervise staff for design and drafting / detailing of schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Prepare and issue project documents (proposals, conditions reports, project manuals, meeting minutes, etc.)
- Manage interface with contractors from early pricing to bidding, through construction completion
- Communication and coordination with architectural team, contractor, consultants, building owner and/or representative
- Contract administration (scope, schedule and budget management)
- Required: Advanced modeling, drafting, and technical skills in Revit
- Proficient: AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite; Sketch-up experience is a plus
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with attention to detail
- Highly developed design, technical, and documentation skills
- Ability to produce fully detailed and thoroughly coordinated construction documents
- Experience with construction administration and working with contractors
- Direct experience communicating with clients, consultants, and regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of building and zoning codes
- ADA & ANSI knowledge
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience on large commercial and institutional preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the role of Project Architect.
- A professional degree from an accredited architecture program
- License to practice Architecture in the State of Oregon
- K-12 or higher education experience is a plus
- LEED accreditation or WELL AP is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our culture is team oriented and collaborative. We value hardworking people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes health, vision, dental, short-term disability insurance, long- term disability insurance, life insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and a retirement plan with company contributions. We are also offering a moving expense stipend to assist with relocation.
To learn more about BBT, please visit us at www.bbtarchitects.com.
Please send a cover letter stating availability, resume, and work samples in a single PDF of no more than 10 mb to email@example.com, with “Project Architect” in the subject line. We are an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org