Website BBT Architects
ABOUT BBT ARCHITECTS:
Over the past 40 years, BBT Architects has developed a dynamic architectural practice with a diverse portfolio of public, commercial, interior design, and planning projects. Across the state of Oregon, we have developed a reputation for a thoughtful approach that promotes meaningful interactions. Our collaborative process focuses on conversation and curiosity. We believe that embedding these ideas in our every action makes for better design, a more vibrant work culture, and enduring client relationships. As community members and community makers, our team is motivated and passionate about creating spaces that connect people to place while preserving resources.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Interior Designer/Design Staff. The position requires 3-5 years of experience in interior design and/or architectural design with an interest in practicing interior design. You must possess sound knowledge of interior architecture principles and practices and will act as an interior designer in a holistic way with project teams from initial programming and spatial concepts to technical construction documents and specifications. The ability to communicate and collaborate with the project team and adjust to changing project requirements is critical. Excellent design, written, and verbal communication skills are essential. K-12, higher education, and/or TI experience is a plus.
- Programming and Space Planning in early stages of a project
- Opportunities to participate in early design stages on interesting design problems and projects
- Work with team to envision the concept story, project narrative, and graphics for concept and design development presentations
- Work with team to develop the architectural interior in alignment with overall client project goals while assisting in design, graphics, documentation, and coordination of interior elements
- Selection and specification of hardware and accessories
- Documentation of design concepts and interior detailing throughout the design process
- Communication and coordination with architectural team, contractor, consultants, building owner and/or representative
- Design, selection, and specification of interior casework and furnishings
- Design, selection, and specification of lighting and electrical fixtures
- Maintain vendor and material library
- Proficient: Revit and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Enscape, SpecLink, and Smartsheet preferred
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects with attention to detail
- Highly developed design and documentation skills
- Experience on large commercial and institutional preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design/Architecture
- Excellent presentation skills and strong communication with the ability to work in a team environment
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills, prioritizes and handles multiple deadlines with no hesitation
- K-12, higher education, and TI experience is a plus
- LEED accreditation or WELL AP is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our culture is team oriented and collaborative. We value hardworking people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a robust benefits package. Benefits package includes health, vision, dental, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and a retirement plan with company contributions.
BBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to developing a diverse team and cultivating an inclusive environment.
For consideration, please submit cover letter (stating availability), resume (please do not include a headshot), and portfolio in a single PDF of no more than 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Interior Designer/Design Staff” in the subject line.