Website Blue Truck Studio
The Blue Truck Studio is a small but ambitious and growing architecture practice specializing in custom residential and small retail projects throughout the Bay Area and beyond. Housed amidst a vibrant artist community in the Mission/Potrero neighborhood of San Francisco, this award-winning studio approaches projects with both professional rigor and creative aspiration.
Job Captain is a position that is equal parts creative and technical. Primarily a role of leading projects, the Job Captain is an aspiring project architect who has design responsibilities, a strong voice in our collaborative teams and the experience to manage working drawings. Technical experience is a must, as well as skill with tending to clients, managing a design team and a strong ability to manage the time and fee budgets of projects.
Our studio currently operates as a hybrid in-office/remote working configuration with regular team meetings in our studio. We offer competitive pay and a full benefits package, including 401(k), health insurance, paid time off, holidays, and excellent potential for professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of skill and experience.
- Assist Principal and Studio Director in all stages of design and construction including interaction with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Lead and manage the assembly and production of drawing sets including sets for entitlement, design development, and construction documents.
- Coordination with design teams and consultants.
- Perform contract administration and on-site construction-related work.
- Five or more years of experience working in a California architecture office.
- Three or more years in the designing and managing of high-end residential projects.
- On a path to architectural licensure in California.
- LEED AP or other green certification encouraged.
- Confidence in all phases of a project, including Construction Administration
- Familiarity with wood frame, Type V construction techniques and detailing.
- Familiarity with the regulatory process, particularly in San Francisco.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills, both graphically and verbally
- Outstanding design talent and passionate conceptual thinker
- Responsible and accountable for personal mistakes
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience leading architectural design teams
- Strong drafting skills
- Confidence with ArchiCAD 22 (or higher) or other BIM software
- Confidence with the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office applications