Website building Lab, Inc
building Lab, an award winning design/build firm specializing in thoughtful and highly refined residential renovations and new construction, seeks a creative, detail oriented Junior Designer. The Junior Designer position engages a diverse range of functions across the development of projects. The position requires both an interest in and aptitude for design concept through built form.
– Work directly with the Senior Designer, Project Architect and Principal in the creation and coordination of architectural documents including drawings, schedules, material selections, and specifications.
– Assist in refining and maintaining standards for architectural documents including design and production drawing sets and the architectural detail library.
– Create, organize, and maintain all project related digital and hardcopy material.
– Maintain consistency with existing protocols and standard operating procedures while thinking critically and contributing productively to a culture of constant improvement.
– Bachelor Degree in Architecture and 2-3 years of experience in a residential design or architecture office.
– Demonstrable experience in architectural drawing production from schematics through construction details.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative.
– Creative, fluent, and considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern architecture.
– General understanding of construction methods, materials, and methods of surveying and inspection. Some construction experience preferred.
– Ability to plan, review, analyze, and make recommendations regarding designs, plans, schedules, and specifications.
– Ability to interpret and carry out oral and written instructions, including the reading and interpretation of drawings and specifications.
– Organized, systematic, and efficient with an ability to manage across various job duties and projects while keeping long term goals in focus.
– MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Drive fluency.
– Archicad fluency is highly preferred. BIM software experience, required.
– Basic knowledge of California Building Codes and sustainable building practices.
Ability to laugh and induce the same in others. Ability to cry but not induce the same in others.
This is a full-time position with a compensation package commensurate with experience and skills. Please forward a resume, recent samples of your work, and three references.
We have a strong preference for local candidates familiar with the permitting processes of the East Bay, San Francisco, Marin and Contra Costa counties. We will not pay for relocation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org