building Lab, Inc
ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN
building Lab, an award-winning Bay Area design build firm specializing in thoughtful and highly refined residential renovations, seeks a creative, detail-oriented Job Captain to join our team. We are passionate about modern architecture, dedicated to precision quality construction, and committed to green building practices. Discovering innovative solutions for the specifics of program and context is the challenge we gladly embrace. Along with a collaborative spirit, these converge in a unique ability to offer intelligent, practical and sustainable solutions in support of our clients’ goals.
The Job Captain will be expected to contribute immediately to the production of design documents from schematics through permit and construction documents. You will work with a team to document and develop designs in both 2D + 3D as well as produce presentation and construction drawings. You will work closely with the Project Architect / Project Manager, and with support from a Junior Designer. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are imperative.
Minimum of 5 years experience working for a residential design or construction firm along with a Professional Architecture degree from an accredited university. Pursuit of an Architecture Licensure is encouraged.
– Display interest in modern residential design, including materials and construction details.
– Strong working knowledge of building codes and how to research them for different jurisdictions.
– Ability to generate and organize residential construction drawings and specifications
– Ability to coordinate architecture drawings with consultants such as structural and civil engineers
– Ability to generate permit application packages tailored to specific jurisdictions
– Demonstrate leadership skills in directing Junior Designers toward a common goal
– Proven capacity to develop and work to schedules and deadlines
– Organized, systematic, and efficient with ability to manage across various job duties
MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive fluency and BIM familiarity. Adeptness with Archicad is highly preferred.
Ability to laugh and induce same in others. Ability to cry but not induce same in others.
There are full time and part time options for this position with a compensation package commensurate with experience and skills. Please forward a cover letter, resume, recent samples of your work, and three references.
We have a strong preference for local candidates familiar with the permitting processes of the East Bay, San Francisco, Marin and Contra Costa counties. We will not pay for relocation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com