Website building Lab
Project Architect/Project Manager
building Lab is an award-winning design build firm specializing in thoughtful and highly refined residential renovations and new construction. Our approach is rooted in the belief that great building evolves from great design and that great design comes from a curious and collaborative engagement with the act of building.
Our Project Architect / Project Managers lead this engagement through the design process. They enjoy a high level of responsibility, autonomy and authorship. They also benefit from active and regular collaboration with in-house estimating and construction project management as well as outside collaborators.
● Minimum of 8 years’ experience working for a residential design or construction firm.
● Professional Architecture degree from an accredited university – Architecture License highly preferred though not required.
● Creative and fluent with modern residential design, including materials and construction details.
● Proven ability to compile complete drawing sets appropriate to each and all phases of design.
● Strong working knowledge of building codes and permitting processes (San Francisco, Alameda, Marin, and Contra Costa counties a plus).
● Demonstrable capacity to develop and work to schedules, deadlines, and budgets.
● Organized, systematic, and efficient with ability to manage across various job duties and projects while keeping long term deliverables in mind.
● Command of BIM software – Archicad highly preferred. MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google drive fluency a must.
● Ability to laugh and induce same in others. Ability to cry but not induce same in others.
This is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position. Our compensation package includes holidays, paid time off (PTO), medical and dental insurance, Simple IRA retirement with company contribution and discretionary bonuses tied to individual and company performance.
We prefer in office work and offer hybrid employment scenarios. Full time remote work is NOT an option. We will not pay for relocation.
Please forward a resume, recent sample of your work along with three references.
No hard copies or drop-ins. No agency or direct phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org