CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER / ESTIMATOR
building Lab, an award-winning Bay Area design build firm, seeks a Construction Project Manager/Estimator to join our team. Specializing in thoughtful and highly refined residential renovations, we are passionate about modern architecture, dedicated to precision quality construction, and committed to green building practices. Discovering innovative solutions for the specifics of program and context is the challenge we gladly embrace. Along with a collaborative spirit, these converge in a unique ability to offer intelligent, practical and sustainable solutions in support of our clients’ goals.
General Job Description:
The Project Manager/Estimator is responsible for shepherding projects from pre-construction logistics and estimating through the entire trajectory of construction. The primary measures of success in this position are budget, schedule, and the delight of our clients and collaborators alike.
- Lead pre-construction planning and logistics including review of design details.
- Ability to carefully review architectural plans and articulate questions and suggestions.
- Liaison between the design and production aspects of a design build firm
- Collaborate with design staff to define scope and generate RFPs.
- Produce accurate estimates and budgets and work to them.
- Create and maintain realistic job schedules.
- Manage a great, low stress experience for our clients.
- Ensure that construction proceeds according to contract documents and applicable codes.
- Preemptively manage course of construction changes and evolutions.
- Manage subcontractors and subcontracts including verification of scope and budget as well as approval of subcontract change orders.
- Schedule and lead regular meetings with clients, design team, and other collaborators.
- Provide monthly progress report to CEO
- Develop and ensure full completion of Punch List.
- Manage customer warranty and service requests.
- 10 years experience and commensurate knowledge of residential construction.
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments, projects and priorities.
- Proficiency at scheduling and estimating.
- Computer competence with MS Office, Google Drive and Docs. Adeptness with Sage 100 (Master Builder) a significant plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English required, fluency in Spanish preferred. Excellent organizational skills and pre-emptive orientation to project execution.
- Dedication to clear communication, service and collaboration.
- Motivated by results.
- Ability to laugh and induce the same in others. Ability to cry but not induce the same in others.
This is a full-time position with a compensation package commensurate with experience and skills. Please forward a cover letter, resume, and three references.
We have a strong preference for local candidates familiar with the permitting processes of the East Bay, San Francisco, Marin and Contra Costa counties. We will not pay for relocation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com