Website Bull Stockwell Allen
We are looking for a detail-oriented and competent BIM Manager to join our San Francisco office team. For over 10 years, 100% of our projects have used Revit for design development, construction documentation and construction administration. The position of BIM Manager contributes to our success by managing and coordinating BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement on all related BIM projects, models, families, and project support on all BSA projects. This will include the development of a work plan/roadmap for the development, implementation, and quality assurance checks needed for full BIM integration. While BIM Management is the primary focus of this role, additional architectural and/or drafting support may be needed and called upon. This position may require travel.
- Responsible for developing and implementing BIM workflow and driving standard usage of BIM and Revit within the firm and coordination with teams outside the firm.
- Oversee the use of BIM/Revit software firm-wide, including installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting all BIM installations as well as analyzing and solving BIM user issues
- Provide internal team training, support and leadership
- Support each project team by (1) managing and creating Revit content library files and templates, (2) creating and enforcing standards, and (3) evaluating project models
- Support project start-up coordination, helping teams develop strategies for effective delivery of quality documents, and set-up each project, thereby ensuring that each one is set up correctly.
- Direct and mentor all staff who use Revit.
Qualifications and Skills
- Guide firm on the selection of BIM software products, including but not limited to licensing compliance, incorporating new version releases, maintaining legacy software and customizing software for specific firm needs.
- Coordinate with IT vender to manage, install and maintain operations of BIM software products
- Advise and support handwear purchases firm wide
Manage the implementation of supporting software and plug-ins for BIM
Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit, AutoCAD, and BIM
- Stay informed on other BIM related software products and their interaction with Revit, such as Enscape or other rendering tools
- Ability to use Dynamo and other Revit add-on software for automation
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement
- Creation and maintenance of the template files to assure standards
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all shop drawings produced
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of BIM users to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of BIM models
- Report on the company’s current and projected state in regard to BIM implementation
- Create and lead deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort
- Provide mentorship in professional development to team members
- Assess: Evaluate the firm’s current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc.
- Plan: Create a plan for implementation (identify team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc.)
- Solve: Execute the plan, install the software, get templates created, get training, etc.
- Provide hardware and network support as it relates to BIM production
Support the BIM technology needs of a multi-office firm
- Troubleshoot problems
- Liaison with vendors, software developer support staff and other support channels
- Provide fundamental and intermediate training to BSA staff on all BIM software, through a training program incorporating group, project team and individualized training methods
- Conduct continuing education on BIM processes and its new technologies
- Provide technical orientation/onboarding to new hires regarding BIM tools
- Attend seminars, and workshops for BIM, bringing back best practices and disseminating the information to appropriate teams
- Project InterfaceAssist project teams in BIM project setup, project work modeling and detailing
- Assist/create Revit families in response to project need
- Create project schedules with content
- Help resolve BIM design issues
- Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT vender
- Communicate with consultants to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models
- Link BIM to the project construction phase for submittals, construction models, shop drawings and schedules
Who We Are
From the peaks of snow-capped mountains to the vast coastline shores, Bull Stockwell Allen is an award-winning architecture firm specializing in resort, hospitality, and recreation projects in extraordinary locations throughout the United States. Inspired by site and responsive to climate, we design exceptional environments for life with a deep understanding of snow and mountain-region design.
We believe that the recognition of indigenous landscape, the use of sustainable materials and an appropriate design character is critical to the success of resort and community projects throughout the world.
Our people are the key to our success. We are an open office environment that understands some of the best design solutions come from diversity and a collaboration of different viewpoints and expertise. We invest in promoting a culture of growth and mentorship. We work hard while understanding that a fulfilling work life is best when balanced with a rich personal life.
Join Our Team
This position is full time, with fully covered Healthcare, Vision & Dental Coverage, 401(k), Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Hybrid Work Schedule (3 days in the office with 2 optional WFH), generous PTO including paid holidays. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If interested, please email a cover letter and resume, along with a portfolio or samples of your work to email@example.com with BIM Manager in your subject heading. We look forward to hearing from you!