Website Butler Armsden Architects
Butler Armsden Architects is fortunate to find itself in a position of continuous growth with new projects in San Francisco and all over the Bay Area, including high-end modern homes and historic renovations. We are looking to expand our team of 27 and hire a Junior Designer.
Our office promotes independence and creativity, as well as the ability to run projects and handle the larger issues down to the most intricate details. The environment is very dynamic, with individual and team opportunities on many different size residences. BAA emphasizes the importance of being involved in a project from the very beginning to the very end, and allows employees optimum responsibility during the process. We will work with your AXP requirements and provide support through licensure. Multitasking and time management skills are strongly valued as is a good sense of humor.
We offer competitive salaries, health insurance, dental insurance, FSA (health and dependent care), long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, 401k, profit sharing, licensing support and bonus, commuter benefits, amazing coffee and margarita parties and many other great perks.
Our office is located in Lower Pacific Heights/Cathedral Hill area.
The Junior Designer will be responsible for providing assistance to Project Managers in the production of project presentation drawings and construction documents.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
• Site documentation
• Schematic layout
• Detail development
• Accredited degree in Architecture
• 0-2 years minimum of experience
• Non-licensed and working towards licensure
• Excellent ability to design, draw, model and communicate visually
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive, organized, and collaborative with exceptional problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated skill in 3D modeling/BIM software and 2D drafting (ArchiCAD preferred, but not required)
• Adobe Creative Suite experience is preferred
• Awareness of building code limitations
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume (PDF format) to email@example.com with your portfolio and a few selections of your work, including at least one example of each of the following: plan, elevation, wall section, interior elevation and detail.