Website [confidential] Design Nonprofit Organization
We are a new mission-driven organization dedicated to design and sustainable agriculture. We have an exciting opportunity for a Designer to join our team and assist with projects at all scales, from site work and architecture to graphics and exhibits. This position is right for you if you’re passionate about applying your skills to meaningful design work and want to work with a driven, world-class team. The ideal candidate will enjoy rolling their sleeves up and working a variety of tasks, such as designing graphics and awesome exhibit experiences, as well as contributing to project management that supports the process. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the organization’s Chief Planning Officer.
You will be responsible for…
- Development of diagrams, infographics, and renderings for projects
- Development of documentation and reports
- Development of signage and environmental graphics
- Design of landscape and architectural elements
- Design of exhibits and elements at other locations
- Design of sustainability monitoring and communication elements
- Construction of exhibit prototypes
- Construction of models
- Mock-ups of all kinds and small construction projects
- Assist with development of project schedules and presentations
- Product and consultant research, selection and integration
- Development of project budgets and organizational/management tools
You may have…
- Three or more years working in graphic design, industrial design, exhibit design, architecture or landscape architecture
- A degree or comparable experience in architecture, landscape architecture, graphic design, industrial design or fine arts
- Experience working at a design firm or in the design department of a firm or non-profit
- Experience working in a workshop or in construction
You are someone who…
- Can work independently and take initiative
- Is thorough and detail-oriented
- Is a clear and frequent visual and verbal communicator
- Embraces collaboration and the iterative process
- Is curious about agriculture and land conservation.
What to Expect:
Salary for this position is competitive. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package for salaried employee, including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, year-end closure, and paid time off.
Our organization strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment for individuals who reflect a broad spectrum of identities, including but not limited to gender, racial, ethnic, and social-economic dimensions. We aim to maintain and develop a working environment where individuals are welcomed to express their affiliations, advocacy, associations, and appearance freely. We believe that inclusion of diverse perspectives is essential to achieving our long-term vision and mission. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented to apply. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application submission.
Our organization is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not allow the discrimination against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, disability, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us.
How to Apply
Please Apply using this link: https://grnh.se/9101df274us. As will be announced shortly, we are a new nonprofit, currently headquartered in the North Bay, with additional Bay Area locations under development. Since we are not yet public, this is a two-step application process. After your application is received, if it seems you are a possible fit, we will email you a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to sign and return. Then, we’ll provide further details on our organization and set up an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com