Website David Baker Architects
David Baker Architects is a collaborative team of optimistic designers and architects committed to leading with expertise, curiosity, tenacity, pragmatism, and joy.
DBA won the 2020 AIA California Firm Award and is a national leader in affordable housing and innovative sustainable design. We are driven to create people-focused multifamily housing designs that support and uplift communities.
We are a JUST organization and a 7-year signatory of the AIA 2030 Commitment. We pursue projects that have the power to build, transform, and reflect the character and strength of a community, and we focus on equity and social justice in both our practice and our workplace culture.
DBA is headquartered in San Francisco, with an office and fabrication shop in Oakland, California, and a growing base in Birmingham, Alabama.
We are seeking a talented and engaged licensed architect to join us in the San Francisco Bay Area. This position offers a great opportunity to bring multiple projects to fruition and to work with highly engaged colleagues committed to being a “multiplier of good”—doing work that creates a ripple outward of positive effects. Experience in multifamily housing design and sustainable design is a plus.
- 10 years professional experience
- Bachelor degree in architecture
- Licensed Architect (California preferred)
- Construction Administration experience
- Revit experience
- Strong professional references
- LEED AP or GA
- Multifamily residential experience
- Wood framing, metal framing, and concrete structure experience
- California Building Code experience
- Writing AMMRs to AHJ
- BIM coordination/Clash Detection experience
- SF MOD experience
- Modular building experience
- Heavy Timber experience
- Previous work in Bay Area jurisdictions
Responsibilities – Construction Projects
- Participate in Owner/Architect/Contractor weekly meetings
- Perform site visits and produce field observation reports
- Manage communication and revisions as part of the CA process
- Negotiate code interpretations with authorities having jurisdiction, as needed
- Assist in the evaluation of Value Engineering and Bid Qualifications during the bid process.
- Advocate throughout for great design/preservation of building design intent
Responsibilities – Staff Support
- Serve as technical resource for project teams
- Perform technical review of drawing sets and specifications
- Provide consistent clear feedback to staff to continually improve QA/QC for the firm
Site visits to projects will average once a week (days of the week and number of projects will vary). Otherwise, office-based work will currently be 100% remote until our offices reopen post-pandemic.
This is a full-time position based in the San Francisco Bay Area. At the moment, the majority of our employees are working part time in-person and part time remotely. The ability to join teams at the office or on site periodically is strongly preferred. We plan to support a hybrid in-person/remote model indefinitely.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including 10 paid holidays as well as 15 days of PTO; 100% paid individual medical coverage; a 401(k) program; a profit-sharing plan; continuing education/tuition reimbursement; parental leave; and an annual firm retreat.
You can learn more about us and our work at www.dbarchitect.com.
Thank you for your interest in our firm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com