Website Dorman Associates, Inc.
Who We Are:
Dorman Associates, Inc. (http://www.dormanassociates.com) is a small, growing firm specialized in childcare facilities, custom residential projects, and hospitality projects. We are a dedicated team of ten, plus a couple of dogs that occasionally join us in the office.
Our office, situated at the base of Mt. Tamalpais in Mill Valley, is a casual, open environment, and just a ten-minute drive north of San Francisco. Whether you already live in Marin County, you are looking for a short reverse commute from the city, or you are intrigued by the variety of hiking trails, beaches, restaurants, and shops that this area has to offer, we are located in the perfect setting to explore it all.
Who We Are Looking For:
Dorman Associates, Inc. is currently seeking an Associate Designer to join our talented team. You will be an integral part of our team culture, projects, and mission. You’ll contribute to projects, provide clients with hands-on support at each phase of the design process, and help transform their ideas into reality.
If you are passionate about architecture, motivated to learn, and inspired by figuring out creative solutions, then we would like to hear from you.
Partner with our Principal, project managers, and designers in a collaborative environment to deliver the best possible client experience, from their first introduction to Dorman Associates until their project is complete
Know and understand our typical project structure, and be able to communicate our work clearly and confidently to all clients and vendors
Plan and participate in client meetings and phone calls as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 1-5 years work experience at an Architectural firm
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Slack (for internal office communication)
- Proficiency with Zoom (for internal / external meetings)
- Experience with SketchUp (preferred, but not required)
- Experience interfacing with other disciplines, including but not limited to Landscape Architects, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, City Planning Departments, etc.)
- Proven track record of meeting important deadlines and developing positive relationships with clients and other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management skills in order to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain professional when challenges arise
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental insurance
- Johnny Doughnuts in the office on Wednesdays
- Paid sick days, company holidays, and vacation days
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and current portfolio samples to Kyra Simon, Office Manager, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note – no telephone calls, walk-ins, or recruiter inquiries.**
Dorman Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.