Website Dorman Associates, Inc.
Who We Are:
Dorman Associates, Inc. (http://www.dormanassociates.com) is a small, growing firm specialized in custom residential projects, childcare facilities, and hospitality projects. We are a dedicated team of nine, with a casual, open environment. Our office, situated at the base of Mt. Tamalpais, is just a ten-minute drive north of San Francisco.
Who We Are Looking For:
Dorman Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead projects from start to finish. You will be an integral part of our team culture, projects, and company mission. You’ll oversee residential and commercial projects, provide clients with hands-on support at each phase of the design process, and help transform their ideas into reality.
If you are passionate about architecture, motivated to develop processes for efficiency and client relationships, and inspired by figuring out creative solutions, then we would like to hear from you.
- Partner with our Principal, other Project Managers, and Designers in a collaborative environment to deliver the best possible client experience, from their first introduction to Dorman Associates until their project is complete
- Own and take on a variety of residential and commercial projects from start to finish – including direct experience with code requirements in all Marin County jurisdictions, and the construction process
- Know and understand our typical project structure, and be able to communicate our work clearly and confidently to all clients and vendors
- Plan and participate in client meetings (in-person and via Zoom) and phone calls as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 10-15 years work experience at an Architectural firm
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency with ArchiCAD (preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with Slack (for internal office communication)
- Proficiency with Zoom (for internal / external meetings)
- Experience with SketchUp (preferred, but not required)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (preferred, but not required)
- Experience interfacing with other disciplines, including but not limited to Landscape Architects, Interior Designers, Structural Engineers, City Planning Departments, etc.)
- Direct experience with municipalities in Marin County
- Knowledge of Construction process
- Proven track record of meeting important deadlines and developing positive relationships with clients and other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management skills in order to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain professional when challenges arise
- Competitive compensation
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid sick days, company holidays, and vacation days
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and current portfolio samples to Kyra Simon, Office Manager, via email at: email@example.com.
**Please note – no telephone calls, walk-ins, or recruiter inquiries.**
Dorman Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.