Office and Employee Experience Manager
EHDD is looking for an individual to oversee the day-to-day management of our offices and the employee experience in San Francisco and Seattle and provide executive-level administrative support to a diverse and collaborative leadership group. We are a mid-sized (80+ person) firm with passionate people and inspiring culture and legacy. The position requires a dynamic, energetic, proactive individual
with excellent communication skills who thrives in a team-based creative environment. This position is based in San Francisco at our Pier 1 office on The Embarcadero overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Salary commensurate with experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilities and operations management
- Manage all office supplies and other office-related and facilities vendor relationships in coordination with the Studio Host and operations team.
- Manage RTO (Return to Office) activities, communications, and logistics including
implementing and ensuring Covid-19 protocols, notification and tracking efforts and office compliance according to local, state and Federal guidelines.
- Support Seattle and San Francisco Office integration and engagement efforts
- Oversee Makerspace, Libraries, Wellness, and Hybrid Conference Rooms.
- Manage all office safety and compliance issues. Serves as an emergency response team lead in the case of a major event that affects the office and employees.
- Manage storage, records and file administration including off-site filing and archives.
- Coordinate with building property management and maintenance team to resolve any maintenance and building-related issues that may arise as well as any off-hour access authorization that may be necessary.
- Manage office subletting as needed.
- Partner with IT, operations and HR to develop and implement initiatives that support strategic business goals and employee engagement.
- Management of Administrative staff: Studio Host, Project Administrative Assistants, and other administrative staff as assigned
- Responsible for providing direction and training to staff to maintain a professional and courteous interface with clients, staff, consultants, and other visitors.
- Manages and supervises administrative staff to process expense reports, reconcile and track receipts for credit card statements in coordination with the accounting department.
- Maintain substantive understanding of office and employee engagement initiatives to help prioritize, manage, and follow through on projects to bring them to completion.
- Office Culture/ HR
- Oversee onboarding and welcoming of new employees and other staff professional development initiatives.
- Support scheduling and coordination of annual reviews.
- Attend monthly strategic group meetings and coordinate activities with Staff Advocates.
- Support initiatives to facilitate and encourage employee engagement.
- Support recruiting and hiring efforts.
- Scheduling and Event Coordination
- Manage the coordination and planning of annual holiday events and leadership retreats – Associates’ Retreat, Principals’ Retreat.
- Oversight of EHDD’s corporate calendar and events: Monthly staff meetings, Continuing Education programming such as Lunch and Learns, Staff trainings, Board, P/AP/A Meetings, Flex Fridays and in-house meetings.
- Support coordination and planning of additional all-staff events and community engagement activities in partnership with the Studio Host and Staff Advocates.
- Executive Administration
- Oversee management of Partner/Principal schedules and calendars as needed.
- Oversee coordination of all travel arrangements and conference attendance registration for Principals and team traveling with them, including preparation of itineraries and travel packets, checking in for flights and printing boarding passes with the administrative team.
- Represent the Principal group with trust and professionalism as a key member of the operations and administrative teams.
- Assist with special projects as they arise.
- Assist with client and consultant relations.
- Manage leadership credentials and memberships:
- Includes NCARB, Architecture licenses in various US States, AIA, LEED GBCI
- Tracking renewal deadlines and hours earned at conferences, workshops, classes
- Research continuing education opportunities—tracking and recording projects that gain credits (ex. LEED projects).
- Manage memberships such as ALA, AZA, ASTC
- 10+ years of related office experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Stable work history required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Previous A & E firm experience preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, exceptional follow through and organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, plan, and use time efficiently, manage staff, and handle complex assignments and multiple projects
- Proactive work ethic essential
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and able to deal with changes, delays, and unexpected events
- Strong people skills and a good sense of humor
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Courteous, approachable and team-oriented
EHDD offers a great workplace environment and interesting building types – including aquariums, museums, academic facilities, laboratories, libraries, student housing and commercial residential developments. We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401K match, vacation and flex days, and support for professional
EHDD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please submit letter of interest and resume by e-mail to HR@ehdd.com and reference Employee Experience Manager in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ehdd.com