Are you a creative and proactive individual who pursues challenges as opportunities? The join our team as we strive to create transformative places of belonging and impact. As a Project Architect, your role is to provide technical leadership and documentation coordination for projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. You are self-driven, resourceful and detail-oriented to ensure the highest level of quality and service.
Strong organization skills, flexibility, and critical thinking are necessary traits. We emphasize the importance of having a curious, speculative nature and a unique design perspective. The ideal candidate will be a licensed architect prepared to participate in all phases of projects and have at least 1-year minimum experience in the day-to-day direct management of a project in Construction Administration.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- -Planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments.
- -Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager.
- -Perform construction administration duties (e.g.: RFI’s, submittals, bulletins, site observations, etc.).
- -Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.).
- -Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff.
- -Professional degree from an accredited school of architecture
- -Architecture license required
- -5+ years’ experience in a design office [Architectural office preferred]
- -Experience direction certain technical aspects of a project
- -Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- -Collaborative and professional work ethic
- -Fluent with Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software [Rhino/3DS Max]
- -Advanced knowledge of the design process, construction documentation, and special experience/knowledge of construction administration
- -Strong knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED accreditation are a plus.
EHDD offers a great work environment and interesting building types – including aquariums, museums, academic facilities, laboratories, libraries, student housing, and commercial residential developments. We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401K match, vacation and flex days, and support for professional development.
EHDD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please submit letter of interest, resume and samples of your work by e-mail to HR@ehdd.com and specify Project Architect – Seattle or Project Architect-San Francisco in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ehdd.com