Website FCGA Architecture
Zero Net Energy Center. Oakland Raiders Training Facility. San Francisco Premium Outlets. In our 35-year history, these notable projects designed by FCGA Architecture represent our diverse portfolio which includes projects in the Retail, Education, Civic, Corporate Office, Fitness-Hospitality, and Mixed Use-Multifamily sectors.
FCGA is seeking a collaborative, productive, and skilled candidate who possesses the technical and leadership abilities to contribute to each project’s success. This position requires effective communication skills to build lasting relationships internally and externally with the FCGA team, clients, consultants, and strategic partners.
Located in the thriving Tri-Valley region 20 miles east of Oakland, FCGA is in the heart of Danville – small-town charm with upscale amenities. Our team of talented professionals is committed to creating a legacy of sustainable environments with every client. Together… we work hard… we play hard. We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, health benefits, and 401k.
Currently, we are collaborating remotely. We look forward to transitioning to onsite in the office when COVID restrictions allow.
- Assist in preparing presentations and documentation in the programming and schematic design phase with the pursuit of the final client approval.
- Assist the Senior Design Team in the development and creation of design solutions with the client and other FCGA team members.
- Assist in the management of client relationships and team communication.
- Work with the Senior Designer on complex technical and design issues.
- Assist in maintaining the project design manual and specifications.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Design team to develop solutions for design problems, including program compliance, code compliance, and agency interface.
- Assist in the development of presentation materials to support the project team’s design and marketing efforts.
- Receive mentorship from Senior Designer and Director of Design.
- Ensure that FCGA’s standards for design documents, and quality control, are followed.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of design documents for accuracy and coordination with the project team.
- Participate in all phases of the design process and be able to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
Be detail-oriented, collaborative, and proactive in completing work accurately and meeting deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS + SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or equivalent. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. We will train you!
- Licensing: not required initially but encouraged in the future.
- You will learn practical knowledge and application of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, construction principles, methods, and terminology.
- Ability to work and flourish in a fast-paced design environment.
- Proven graphic presentation skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES SKILLS
- Strong knowledge and application of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Revit are required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills: focused, articulate and motivated.
- Knowledge of organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Enthusiastic commitment to the design and production process and team environment and exceptional quality of work.
- Maintain professional appearance and decorum.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
This is an exceptional opportunity for recent architectural school graduates that have a passion and talent for design. We are an award winning design-oriented firm with staff that enjoy working and socializing together.
Qualified candidates: To be considered, please send your cover letter, résumé, and portfolio link showcasing your work to Hello@FCGAinc.com. PDF portfolio acceptable. Include ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER in the subject line.
Please refrain from contacting FCGA Architecture directly to check application status.
FCGA Architecture does not accept resumes from placement agencies, recruiters, or third-party staffing vendors. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias or FCGA Architecture employees. FCGA Architecture is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job email your details to Hello@FCGAinc.com