Website Feldman Architecture
Feldman Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm specializing in sustainable, modern, custom residential design with a portfolio expanding to include a range of innovative and exciting commercial and hospitality projects. The studio’s culture is inclusive – all members of our firm collaborate with clients and consultants to create responsive and sustainable solutions with conceptual clarity and precise detailing. We are seeking a highly motivated, personable, and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a Job Captain.
The ideal candidate shares our aesthetic sensitivity and commitment to environmental stewardship and has the exceptional technical abilities to work primarily as part of a small team while also efficiently handling independent tasks. They have significant residential design experience (new construction and/or remodeling), as well as commercial or hospitality experience. Strong Revit skills and a demonstrated ability to detail projects is essential. Capable of coordinating consultants and project teams under strict deadlines and experienced in all stages of design and documentation, the ideal candidate approaches each project with a collaborative attitude and high integrity.
The position offers an enthusiastic, talented individual the opportunity to share ideas on design concepts in a collaborative environment and to develop technical and design skills while working on compelling projects in various phases.
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, a transit plan, continuing education funds, paid volunteer time, and reimbursements for ARE exams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree required
- 4+ years of residential design experience
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Self-directed and strong attention to detail; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Fluency in Revit and technology proficiency in SketchUP, Lumion / Enscape /Rhino, Bluebeam and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Knowledge of construction documentation methods and construction administration experience
- Proficiency with Type V construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing for modern construction
- Proficiency in State and Local building codes
- Experience with Consultant Coordination, including Structural, Civil, Landscape, Lighting, Mechanical, Geotechnical, and Surveyors
- Exceptional graphic, oral, and written communication skills
Hybrid opportunity to both work from home, as well as in our lively design studio, 3-days/week – a recently renovated Fire House off Polk Street.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and 3-5 pages of work samples (5mb files max please) with “Job Captain” as the subject line to email@example.com. Only candidates with residential experience will be considered. No phone calls, please!
Cover letter should clearly state the following:
- Relevant residential design experience
- Level of proficiency with Revit, SketchUP, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience, passion, or knowledge working on sustainably focused projects
We’re committed to empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and city. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Feldman Architecture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.