Website Feldman Architecture
Feldman Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm specializing primarily in custom residential design with a portfolio expanding to include a range of commercial projects. The studio’s culture is inclusive and casual; all members of our firm collaborate with each other, clients, and consultants to create smart and sustainable solutions with conceptual clarity and precise detailing. We are seeking a highly motivated, personable, and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a Job Captain.
The ideal candidate shares our aesthetic sensitivity and commitment to environmental stewardship and has the exceptional technical abilities to work primarily as part of a small team while also efficiently handling independent tasks. They have significant residential design experience (new construction and/or remodeling), as well as commercial or hospitality experience. Strong Revit skills and a demonstrated ability to detail projects is essential. Capable of coordinating consultants and project teams under strict deadlines and experienced in all stages of design and documentation, the ideal candidate approaches each project with a collaborative attitude and high integrity.
The position offers an enthusiastic, talented individual the opportunity to share ideas on design concepts in a collaborative environment and to develop technical and design skills while working on compelling projects in various phases.
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, a transit plan, continuing education funds, and reimbursements for ARE and LEED AP exams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree required
- 5-7 years of professional experience (minimum 3 years residential)
- Proven experience in residential design; commercial design a bonus
- Highly skilled in Revit, SketchUP, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- LEED project experience preferred and/or advancing towards LEED AP designation
- Knowledge of construction documentation methods
- Knowledge of Type V construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing
- Experience with Consultant Coordination, including Structural, Civil, Landscape, Lighting, Mechanical, Geotechnical, and Surveyors
- Exceptional graphic, oral, and written communication skills
Flexibility to work either in Russian Hill office and/or off-site (work from home) but preferably located in the Bay Area.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and 3-5 pages of work samples (5mb files max please) with “Job Captain” as the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Cover letter should clearly state the following:
- Relevant residential design experience
- Level of proficiency with Revit, SketchUP, Lumion, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience, passion, or knowledge working on sustainably focused projects
We’re committed to empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and city. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Feldman Architecture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.