Website Feldman Architecture
Ready to take on a leadership role for a collaborative, fast-paced studio that will push you to create your best work? Are you interested in managing high-level, award-winning projects from schematic design through construction? Join us in drafting your next chapter – crafting site-sensitive, beautiful spaces alongside a team of like-minded individuals.
The position offers an enthusiastic, talented individual a clear path towards meaningful career growth, and the ability to be mentored by accomplished architects as well as to mentor aspiring designers. The ideal candidate is a highly creative architect who shares our aesthetic sensitivity, commitment to environmental stewardship, and will push our team to continue to create highly acclaimed projects and spaces. This individual will embody Feldman Architecture’s core values: professionalism, teamwork, passion, and commitment, and have exceptional technical abilities to work primarily as part of a small team while also efficiently handling independent tasks. They have significant residential design experience (new construction and/or remodeling), and a demonstrated ability to detail residential projects, and Revit proficiency. Experience in putting drawing sets together at all stages of design and documentation, coordinating consultants and project teams/deadlines is required.
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, a transit plan, continuing education funds, and reimbursements for ARE and LEED AP exams.
Feldman Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm specializing in sustainable, modern custom residential design with a portfolio expanding to include a range of innovative and exciting commercial and public projects. The studio’s culture is inclusive – all members of our firm collaborate with clients, and consultants to create smart and sustainable solutions with conceptual clarity and precise detailing.
• Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree required
• 7-10 years of architecture experience
• 5-6 years residential architectural experience
• Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of construction documentation methods.
• Knowledge of Type V construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing.
• Experience with Consultant Coordination, including Structural, Civil, Landscape, Lighting, Mechanical, Geotechnical and Surveyors.
• LEED AP a plus. Alternately, experience working on LEED projects and advancing towards LEED AP designation.
Hybrid opportunity to both work from home, as well as in our lively design studio – a recently renovated Fire House in Nob Hill.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and 3-5 pages of work samples (5mb files max please) with “Project Lead” as the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Cover letter should clearly state the following:
• Relevant residential design experience
• Level of proficiency with Revit and SketchUp
• Experience, passion or knowledge working on sustainably focused projects
We’re committed to empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and city. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Feldman Architecture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.