Website Feldman Architecture
Feldman Architecture is an award-winning architecture firm specializing primarily in custom residential design with a portfolio expanding to include a range of commercial projects. Our studio is expanding rapidly, with 8 new employees hired in 2021, and new projects in Southern California and the Mountain West. The firm’s culture is inclusive and casual; all staff collaborate with each other, clients, and consultants to create smart and sustainable solutions with conceptual clarity and precise detailing. We are seeking a highly motivated, personable, and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a Project Architect.
The ideal candidate shares our aesthetic sensitivity and commitment to environmental stewardship and has the exceptional technical abilities to work primarily as part of a small team while also efficiently handling independent tasks. They will have significant residential design experience (new construction and/or remodeling), as well as a demonstrated ability to detail residential projects, and Revit proficiency. Experience in putting drawing sets together at all stages of design and documentation, coordinating consultants and project teams/deadlines is required.
The position offers an enthusiastic, talented individual the opportunity to share ideas on design concepts in a collaborative environment and to develop technical and design skills while working on compelling projects in various phases.
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401K, a transit plan, continuing education funds, and reimbursements for ARE and LEED AP exams.
· Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree required
· 7-10 years of architecture experience
· 5-6 years residential architectural experience
· Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Knowledge of construction documentation methods.
· Knowledge of Type V construction, including appropriate products, specifications, and detailing.
· Experience with Consultant Coordination, including Structural, Civil, Landscape, Lighting, Mechanical, Geotechnical and Surveyors.
· LEED AP a plus. Alternately, experience working on LEED projects and advancing towards LEED AP designation.
LOCATION: Flexibility to work either in Russian Hill office and/or off site (work from home) but preferably located in the Bay Area. Will consider applicants based in Southern CA and CO for remote positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and 3-5 pages of work samples (5mb files max please) with “Project Architect” as the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Cover letter should clearly state the following:
· Relevant residential design experience
· Level of proficiency with Revit and SketchUp
· Experience, passion or knowledge working on sustainably focused projects
We’re committed to empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and city. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Feldman Architecture and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.