Website Garavaglia Architecture, Inc.
Today’s architectural profession needs renewed perspectives. The work we are responsible for transcends design and supports cultural relevance. Our work in historic preservation and sustainability engages this realm. Garavaglia Architecture, Inc. is an award-wining firm focused on a wide range of historic and older property types. While many of our projects are in the Bay Area, we are engaged with work all over California. This position provides a significant opportunity for career growth, while honing your professional skills. Contact us if you are looking to make a difference in our communities.
Garavaglia Architecture, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. The Architectural Historian position involves management and technical work focusing on historical evaluations.
· 2-5 years of professional experience (Required)
· Master degree in Historic Preservation, Architectural History or related field (Required)
· Candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural Historian (Required)
· Experience writing Historic Resource Evaluations and reports at a professional level (Required)
· Self-motivated, and desire to work in a collaborative team environment
· Knowledge of historic preservation philosophies and current methodologies
· Experience conducting historical research and survey methodologies
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail
· Comfort with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team work environment
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills
· Document and evaluate historic and cultural resources
· Fieldwork as part of report preparation
· Performs in-person and online archival research
· Write context and significance statements
· Responsible for the organization and completion of project-specific reports
· Maintain project timelines and budgets
· Write standard industry reports, Historic Resource Evaluations (HRE), Historic Structure Reports (HSR)
· SISR reviews and National Register Nominations
· CEQA /NEPA environmental review, Section 106
· Develop various types of mitigations
Garavaglia Architecture is committed to provide an environment for growth opportunities for its employees including participation in professional organizations and continuing educational opportunities. Garavaglia Architecture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive benefits package. Compensation for this position is salary range of $62,000 – $72,000 commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and professional writing samples to Patricia Appelquist at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architectural Historian” as the subject heading.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com