Website Hacker Architects
We are seeking interior designers with 12-15 years of experience to work with our team in pushing our interiors practice forward. Ideal candidates will have experience in managing and promoting interior design teams within an architectural practice, and in leading the design process for diverse project types and team sizes. They will have an enthusiasm for mentorship and coaching, and will be aware of development opportunities for team members. Ideal candidates would have experience in and/or an interest in working across all areas of our practice in a collaborative process with clients, consultants, and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- NCIDQ certification holder
- Excellent design and technical skills
- Fluency in Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Enscape
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in healthy materials criteria, evaluation, and specification
- Ability to lead and manage the interior design process for large and small project teams in collaboration with other team leaders. Includes schedule for presentation content and interim studies needed to convey design solutions.
- Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / equity frameworks
- Knowledge of health, safety, and accessibility codes
- Current or prior involvement in interior design organizations (IIDA, ASID, IDC)
- Familiar with business development and project pursuits (strategy, RFP submissions and interviews)
- Experience in supporting project managers in the creation of workplans for efficiency in workflow and accurate fee development
- Establish conceptual framework for projects
- Guide design studies based on conceptual and functional criteria
- Contribute to collaborative and conceptual design dialogue
- Establish the framework for compelling and informative presentations
- Present design developments to clients
- Review material proposals to ensure specification of healthy materials appropriate for project
- Provide feedback and guidance regarding space plans, evolution of client programs, construction documents, furniture packages
- Provide active mentorship and coaching to team members
- Attend meetings to advise on interiors team capacity, interests and strengths while keeping design quality and an integrated process front of mind.
- Be aware of the project pipeline and how it impacts the interiors team and hiring projections
- Manage and collaborate with interior design team in the development of tools and processes to support the interiors team and achieving initiatives that position the firm to be thought leaders
- Provide support to project managers/architects in developing work plans and fees related to interior design scope and process – and assist in tracking of such as needed
- Attend interviews for potential interior design and architecture candidates
- Establish and maintain business development contacts as it relates to key market sectors based on individual experience
- Participate in RFP submissions and interviews from pursuit strategy to pitch delivery.
- Maintain personal recognition and exposure for the interiors team within the design community
- Attend vendor presentations to stay up to speed on product developments and possibilities
- Attend/participate all-office meetings/firm-based committee work
Who is Hacker?
Hacker is an architecture and interior design studio headquartered in Portland, Oregon with an additional office in Bend. We are united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 40-year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally. Want to learn more? Check out our website: hackerarchitects.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and combating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
Why Work at Hacker?
- We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid family and medical leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends;100% medical, dental & vision, company paid disability insurance and life insurance; and FSA/HSA, and PTO, 3 weeks in the first 3 years.
- We promote a work life balance and are sensitive to family and medical needs
- As a firm our drivers are climate justice and design justice.
- We focus on community architecture – libraries, academic, civic, cultural, and private commercial projects.
- We work with companies that align with our values and whom we believe can make a positive difference in the industry and beyond.
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/
Application Instructions: Once you click “Apply for this position,” you will be asked to answer a few brief essay questions and to upload your materials. Please submit a single PDF (20MB max) that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio / work samples.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com