Website Hamilton + Aitken Architects
Hamilton + Aitken has an immediate opening for a talented and energetic Intermediate Designer. This position offers immense opportunities to develop design solutions, collaborate with a diverse team, and learn about all aspects of the architect’s profession. You will be integral to the process from design all the way through construction administration: preparing presentation drawings, detailing construction documents, and everything in between. To succeed you will need to be strongly motivated and self-directed, with a high level of problem-solving skills.
We specialize in designs that make an impact – most notably educational and institutional projects in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. We believe that design can be a catalyst for change and encourage all members of our team to strive to create strong design solutions. We are located in San Francisco’s SOMA area near the ballpark and the Caltrain station. Hamilton + Aitken offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, in addition to, professional learning and growth in a collegial atmosphere. Our office is working in a hybrid mode.
● 3 to 5 years of professional experience
● BArch or BS in Architecture degree
● Effective communication, both verbal and written
● Good organizational skills, and ability to lead and direct others, as well as to collaborate with teams
● Knowledge of California Building Code
● Strong detailing and manual sketching ability
● Competence with Revit or Vectorworks, and MS Word and Excel
● A valid California driver’s license required
● Experience in educational project types
● DSA project experience
Email resume, cover letter and samples of work in PDF format to design@HAArchs.com with subject line “Intermediate Designer”. Please keep PDF attachments under 6 Mb. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to design@HAArchs.com