At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:’ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Employee-owned HDR is ranked #1 in the World Architecture 2021 annual list of top healthcare design firms. The San Francisco office of HDR is a leader in innovative planning and design, client service and thought leadership on health projects locally and throughout the region. HDR is home to world-class health expertise and our San Francisco practice is delivering some of the highest profile programs that will transform the healthcare landscape in the San Francisco Bay Area. Come be part of our world-class design team!
As a Design Coordinator 2, you would be working as part of a team focused on projects that will transform our community. Your internal connections will grow with other HDR employees based in San Francisco and throughout North America. A specific program you will be involved with is a 900,000+ square foot healthcare facility executed in an Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) method. This facility elevates the delivery of healthcare to new heights in innovation, offering premier healthcare services in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will partner with some of the brightest architects, health planners and world-class design talent.
In the role of Design Coordinator 2, we’ll count on you to:
- Work independently and with architectural design teams contributing to the development of design documents for every phase of project delivery
- Independently evaluate, select and apply architectural techniques, procedures and modifications to architectural construction documents
- Independently perform architectural assignments with only general instruction from the Project Architect or Project Manager regarding the expected results
- Assist Project Architects, other Architectural Project Coordinators or Technicians as needed, and take responsibility for work in all phases of the architectural process
- Assist in writing specifications covering architectural matters and perform code reviews with assistance from Project Architects.
- Perform other duties as needed Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- 2 years of professional experience preparing design, design development, and planning details, specifications or construction documents
Must possess credentials to obtain future registration
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project)
Desire to pursue growth opportunities and eventually obtain registration
Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Experience with Healthcare projects and OSHPD/HCAI delivery and approval process.
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and 3-D Studio Max
- Rhino and Grasshopper experience
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com