Website Hennebery Eddy Architects
Hennebery Eddy Architects seeks a highly skilled project manager with 12+ years of relevant experience, primarily focused on aviation-related projects. This individual will be responsible for independently leading design teams through the lens of design advocacy to achieve thoughtfully crafted expression of design goals and programmatic requirements, while reflecting the firm’s core values and fostering our collaborative culture. Project managers are expected to take a hands-on role in leading client, public, and stakeholder meetings; be able to readily communicate complex concepts to others; and demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight and judgement in planning, organizing, designing, and guiding large, complex projects. This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
- Providing subject matter expertise in the planning and design of aviation-related facilities at regional, medium and large hub airports.
- Managing design teams consisting of internal staff and external consultants.
- Managerial accountability for design team quality, schedule, and budget.
- Championing design exploration and technical research in support of projects.
- Program development, initiating design concepts, regulatory coordination, and leading development of design and technical aspects of projects through construction documents and construction.
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting complex design and technical solutions in a client context.
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts.
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types, or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Architectural license.
- LEED or Living Future accreditation preferred.
- Evidence of strong design, organizational, and technical skills.
- Advanced graphic, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Mature design skills and a fundamental understanding of various construction types resulting in well-resolved details.
- Ability to foster innovation in design, construction technology, and sustainable design.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions.
- Excellent time management, project planning, and communication skills.
- A minimum of three references, two of which are preferred to be clients.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and limit file size to 5MB.
About Hennebery Eddy
Hennebery Eddy Architects is driven by a passion for community, our planet, and making others successful, we design to inspire, create belonging, and contribute to a sustainable future. Since 1992, we have made a significant impact on the built environment of the Northwest. The firm’s projects fall in four primary market sectors: academic, civic + cultural, commercial, and aviation + transit. Our work includes comprehensive architectural services, interior design, planning, sustainable design, and historic preservation characterized by well-crafted, thoughtfully detailed designs that respect their sites and contribute to communities. Hennebery Eddy serves clients throughout the West through our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and our studio in Bozeman, Montana.
As a JUST™ Organization, we are passionate about making a positive contribution to our greater environment through designing places where people gather, work, live, and recreate. Our design approach is rooted in a collaborative process with principals, associates and interns all working together. Over the past 18 months we have implemented a hybrid virtual/in-person approach to our collaboration – allowing us to work efficiently today and in the future.
Hennebery Eddy has been recognized with more than 60 design awards, including local awards for historic preservation, AIA National awards, and Architecture 2030 awards. The firm was a recipient of the AIA Northwest & Pacific Region Firm Award and is one of the country’s top 50 architecture firms named by Architect magazine. Please visit www.henneberyeddy.com for additional firm information.
Hennebery Eddy offers a comprehensive benefits package. Along with competitive health plan options, flexible paid time off, and retirement savings contributions, we offer benefits that support our employees’ personal and professional lives and foster our firm culture. These offerings include a monthly work-from-home stipend, alternative transportation subsidies, secure bike storage and changing/shower facilities, community engagement opportunities and paid volunteering days, a community service scholarship, a sabbatical program, and substantial financial support for professional development, licensure, certification, and training.
Hennebery Eddy Architects, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com