Website HUANG IBOSHI ARCHITECTURE
Huang Iboshi Architecture is seeking talented design professionals with 0-2 years of experience for immediate full-time position at our studio in San Francisco. Our firm is growing, and we are looking for candidates who are eager to contribute to our distinguished and diverse practice.
Huang Iboshi Architecture is a creative and attentive architecture design studio led by Emily Huang, MIT M.Arch ’91, Gregory Iboshi, MIT M.Arch ’94 and Matthew Kelly, University of Pennsylvania M.Arch ’08.
Founded in 1998, our practice enjoys designing places for living, learning, working, and community activities. Located in the North Beach district of San Francisco, California, we believe in promoting quality living in diverse and engaging environments.
Our design process fosters a strong connection between the client, architect, and builder. We are concerned with the details at every phase of design and construction.
Our team thrives on collaboration and a passion for great design. Our team is our greatest asset. We believe in what we do and how we work. We believe in learning, achieving, and having something to be happy about every day.
Working in a small firm will allow you to be directly involved in every phase of a project, from concept design through construction administration. You will gain valuable career lessons and make a meaningful impact on projects and within the practice.
This position will involve all aspects of the design practice in a support role to the project principals and the project architects. You will be expected to participate in the design, and document production of individual projects, as well as aid in the management and promotion of the architectural practice. We are looking for open-minded designers who are self-motivated, eager to learn, willing to contribute, and has excellent technical skills.
– Professional degree in Architecture or equivalent professional experience
– 0-2 years of architectural firm work experience (residential experience preferred).
– Technical proficiency with programs including Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Enscape, Bluebeam, etc.
– Excellent communicator with skills and interest in speaking, writing, and drawing
This position requires that you:
– Can begin work shortly after job acceptance and upon graduation
– Are fully vaccinated
– Are physically present to work in our office in San Francisco
– Are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
– Can produce design ideas and concepts digitally, through multimedia, and hand drawings
– Are able to work self-directed and also on a team
– Have exceptional design skills that can be applied with open-mindedness and curiosity
– Bring a sense of rigor to every task at hand
Compensation and Benefits:
– We offer competitive salary commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
– Benefits package includes: healthcare, 401k retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and several paid holidays.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com with “HIA job post 0-2 Years” in the email subject line:
– A brief written response to the following questions:
How do your professional and personal goals relate to your interest in joining HIA?
How do you see yourself adding value to our practice?
What are you looking for from your work, what can HIA do for you?
– Professional resume, or other documentation to convey your experience
– A digital portfolio of school projects and work samples that are applicable to this position. File size may not exceed 10 MB, and accepted file types are JPG, JPEG, PDF.
We will review applicant materials and contact qualified candidates. We are unable to respond to phone inquiries.
Thank you for your interest in us and we look forward to connecting with you!