Website Hubbard Godfrey Architects, Inc
Hubbard Godfrey Architects, Inc is a multidisciplinary full-service architecture, planning, and design firm. Our work is compelling and diverse – ranging from cutting edge medical and sports facilities, hospitality, institutional, retail, tenant improvements, multi-story entitlement projects, residential, landscaping, master planning, branding, custom furniture, finishes, graphics, and lighting. We currently have exciting projects located throughout the United States, with new projects in cue world-wide.
HGA is seeking a well-rounded and professional “Intermediate Architect” to join our office. We are seeking a person to join our staff as a project architect, to assist as a team leader in charge of overseeing timely and profitable completion of projects, including tasks such as development of design, production of construction documents, coordination of support staff and consultants. Position will include travel to job sites during pre-design and construction.
Our office culture offers great opportunity for growth, licensure, and exposure to all aspects of project development, management, and execution, on an array of exciting project types.
HGA offers a competitive salary, medical, sick, and vacation benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience, ability, skills and contributions to firm’s success.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited architecture program or Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an architectural firm
- Licensure is not required however, strongly recommended or in process of licensure.
- Able to provide leadership and mentorship of younger staff and project team.
- Strong organizational, coordination, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of building codes and zoning regulations, planning, and building permit approval process.
- Strong knowledge of building systems – structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical to coordinate consultants.
- Strong knowledge of building construction means and types.
- Ability to take a project from pre-design through construction.
- Solid experience with construction administration.
- Excellent communication, writing skills, and email skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects.
- Assertive, self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible, and reliable
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others; provide positive direction to team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent AutoCAD drafting skills and knowledge of file set up and organization, to create a full set of permit and construction documents.
- Strong skills with management software such as Microsoft Excel, Project, Word & PowerPoint; Google Sheets, Procore, Acela, Project Dox E-plan, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, Teams
- Strong design and creative skills
- Proficient graphic presentation skills such as Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint
- Proficient 3D modeling skills, such as Sketch Up or ability to learn.
- Passionate about the profession and what you can contribute to make the firm and our projects successful.
- Must already live in San Francisco Bay Area, with reasonable commute distance, to work full time regular office hours, in the actual office.
- Must be willing to travel, i.e. fly to other states to visit job sites.
- Must like dogs. We have an office dog who the staff adore!
How to Apply:
- Please email your application including the following:
- Cover letter stating year of experience and why you think you would be a good fit.
- Resume, Work samples (PDF – 5 MB max)
- Provide minimum of (3) references with readily available contact information.
- No phone calls or drop-ins Please.