Website Hubbard Godfrey Architects, Inc
Hubbard Godfrey Architects is a multidisciplinary full-service architecture, planning, and design firm. Our work is compelling and diverse – ranging from cutting edge medical and sports facilities, hospitality, institutional, retail, tenant improvements, multi-story entitlement projects, residential, landscaping, master planning, branding, custom furniture, finishes, graphics, and lighting. We currently have exciting projects located throughout the United States, with new projects in cue world-wide.
HGA is seeking a well-rounded and professional “Intermediate Architect” to join our office. We are seeking a person to join our staff as a project architect, to assist as a team leader in charge of overseeing timely and profitable completion of projects, including tasks such as development of design, production of construction documents, coordination of support staff and consultants. Position may also include travel to job sites during either pre-design or construction.
Our office culture offers great opportunity for growth, licensure, and exposure to all aspects of project development, management, and execution, on an array of exciting project types.
HGA offers a competitive salary, medical, sick, and vacation benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience, ability, and skills.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited architecture program or Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in an architectural firm
- Licensure is not required however, strongly recommended or in process of licensure.
- Able to provide leadership and mentorship of staff and project team.
- Strong management, organizational, coordination, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of building codes and zoning regulations, planning, and building permit approval process.
- Strong knowledge of building systems – structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical to coordinate consultants.
- Strong knowledge of building construction means and methods.
- Ability to take a project from pre-design through construction.
- Solid experience with construction administration.
- Excellent communication, writing skills, and email skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects.
- Assertive, self-motivated, inquisitive, detail oriented, responsible, and reliable.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others; provide positive direction to team
- Strong skills with management software such as Microsoft Excel, Project & Word, Google Sheets, Procore, Accela, ProjectDox, Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, & Teams
- Strong design sense, passionate about the profession and what you can contribute to the firm to make our projects successful.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficient in AutoCAD and with strong drafting skills and knowledge of file structures.
- Proficient graphic presentation skills such as Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient 3D modeling skills, such as Sketch Up, Rhino, Revit or equivalent
- Must already live in San Francisco Bay Area, with reasonable commuting distance to work full time regular office hours, in the actual office.
- Must be able to commute easily and work in office.
How to Apply:
Please email your application including the following:
- Cover letter stating years of experience and why you think you would be a good fit.
- Resume, Work samples (PDF – 5 MB max)
- Provide minimum of (3) references with readily available contact information.
- No phone calls or drop-ins Please.