Website Huntsman Architectural Group
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm dedicated to elevating the human experience by designing places that connect, sustain, and inspire.
We actively engage clients as partners in the design process to explore their unique aspirations and culture, while prioritizing wellness, sustainability, and equity in the built environment. The result is places with meaning.
We believe in the conservation of environmental resources. Our focus is on realizing the potential of existing buildings through revitalization and inspiring interior environments to create lasting value for our clients and communities.
Our services include strategic workplace consulting, interior design, and architecture across a wide array of project types in the commercial, institutional, educational, residential, and other sectors.
The firm was established in 1981 and is a 100% ESOP employee-owned company. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago are home to over 70 architects, interior designers, project managers, and support staff who are passionate about their work – explorers and innovators who never lose sight of our client’s vision. We maintain a fast-paced and fun work environment where team-based success is highly valued.
Huntsman is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in its design practice, its operations, and in the greater community by improving access for all to the architecture and design profession. We value our employees work-life balance, offering hybrid work (home/office), comprehensive benefits, and paid time off, in addition to competitive salaries. We consider mentoring and continuous learning integral to the long-term professional development of our team members.
About this Role
Today’s design professionals practice in a highly interconnected world and solve complex problems that require multidisciplinary solutions. The increasing adoption of Building Information Management (BIM) technology as well as alternative project delivery methods (IPD, LEAN, etc.) are changing the way we practice design and architecture. Using 3-D technology, not only through the design and visualization phase, but through to the implementation and ongoing management phases of a built project is a challenging and exciting proposition and is part of the evolution of our firm’s practice. Supporting our design teams’ transition to these evolving modes of practice requires an integrated approach rooted in the right technology tools, appropriate implementation protocols, and relevant training. The BIM Manager operates at the heart of this equation, directing the firm’s resources, supporting the staff’s use and adoption of evolving technologies, and developing technological and business strategies to move the company forward. The company has entirely adopted Revit as its primary technology for projects. The BIM Manager will be located within commute distance of our NY or SF offices.
- Work with the firm’s management team and IT team to identify trends and business opportunities relating to design technologies. Develop strategies for improved project delivery and processes
- Train staff and act as a day-to-day technical resource for the m and Revit specialists across all offices to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Architectural Revit Model
- Chair the BIM Committee
- Coordinate with IT team to provide hardware and network support for BIM production
- Manage software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the product, as well as supporting software
- Implement and enforce BIM standards including protocols and procedures for maintaining content files (seed files, detail components, annotation components, and model components)
- Assist model managers and Revit specialists in BIM project setup and in creating Revit project-specific families
- Create Revit Guidelines and training materials/resources for Company intranet
- Create and maintain software template files to assure standards.
- Direct and oversee development of automated routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Troubleshoot BIM software problems, as needed
- Conduct internal continuing education (lunch & learns, training sessions, etc.)
- Provide Revit/technical onboarding to new hires
- Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience as a BIM Manager overseeing BIM production for multiple projects and working with multiple project teams
- Extensive experience and expertise with Autodesk Revit 2020 and 2022 and continued awareness of future versions
- Experience in training, developing, and mentoring all staff levels in BIM technology
- Ownership and accountability for project and firm-wide success
- Excels in a team-based and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, results-oriented
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of architectural project execution
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of project delivery methods, including IPD and Lean construction
- Ability to create software implementation project plans, schedules, and protocols, in coordination with the IT team
- Ensure project teams’ successful performance in accordance with project plans
- Knowledge of a variety of software platforms including AutoCAD, Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Enscape, Rhino, and/or VR/AR technologies
- Experience in coordinating with software or hardware vendors and other outside consultants
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture or Architectural Technology
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the AEC industry with at least six (6) years of working experience with BIM technology
- Autodesk Revit certification or equivalent
- Architectural licensure preferred
Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Huntsman will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you meet the qualifications, experience, and requirements for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: hr(at)huntsmanag(dot)com. In your e-mail subject line, please indicate BIM Manager.
We will review your information and contact you should your qualifications align with our needs.
Huntsman is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek talent in every job position that best supports our clients, teams, and workplace. We prohibit discrimination based on race; color; creed; sex; gender (including identity and expression); religion (including dress and grooming practices); marital status; registered domestic partner status; age; national origin or ancestry; physical or mental disability; medical condition; sexual orientation; military and veteran status; caregiver status; political affiliation; or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.