Website Huntsman Architectural Group
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm dedicated to elevating the human experience by designing places that connect, sustain, and inspire.
We actively engage clients as partners in the design process to explore their unique aspirations and culture, while prioritizing wellness, sustainability, and equity in the built environment. The result is places with meaning.
We believe in the conservation of environmental resources. Our focus is on realizing the potential of existing buildings through revitalization and inspiring interior environments to create lasting value for our clients and communities.
Our services include strategic workplace consulting, interior design, and architecture across a wide array of project types in the commercial, institutional, educational, residential, and other sectors.
The firm was established in 1981 and is a 100% ESOP employee-owned company. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago are home to over 70 architects, interior designers, project managers, and support staff who are passionate about their work – explorers and innovators who never lose sight of our client’s vision. We maintain a fast-paced and fun work environment where team-based success is highly valued.
Huntsman is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in its design practice, its operations, and in the greater community by improving access for all to the architecture and design profession. We value our employees work-life balance, offering hybrid work (home/office), comprehensive benefits, and paid time off, in addition to competitive salaries. We consider mentoring and continuous learning integral to the long-term professional development of our team members.
About this Role
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client inquiries, verifying employee’s chargeable time; in accordance with the established accounting standards and billing policy. This position is also responsible for full cycle accounts payable, including processing invoices, expense reports, and payment disbursements. Additionally, the individual will support accounting with billing and project management.
- Project billing
- Collate and distribute monthly draft invoices, assist with client billing, and issue invoices to clients
- New project set-up and database management
- Input monthly in-house logs
- Contract research and tracking
- Assist in special projects and research
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval by the Project Manager.
- Mail or email final invoices and file consultant and client invoice copies in the billing folder.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the Business Manager as to your observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Provide the accounts payables team member with advice on client billing, relative to consultant invoicing and reimbursable expenses. It is expected that the Accounting Specialist maintains a continuous line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Work with the cash receipts team member to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Generate and distribute bi-monthly receivables reports and monthly profitability reports.
- Communicate any write off of uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Project Manager or PIC to the Business Manager.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Business Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting concepts and full-cycle accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Proficiency with Office 365 and accounting software. Experience with Deltek Vision or Deltek Vantagepoint is a plus.
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work with a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and follow through, meet deadlines, and complete tasks in a timely manner within a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate well with all members of the firm, vendors, and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum two (2) years of experience relevant to professional services firms, preferably with experience at an architecture or engineering firm
Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Huntsman will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you meet the qualifications, experience, and requirements for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: hr(at)huntsmanag(dot)com. In your e-mail subject line, please indicate Accounting Specialist – San Francisco.
We will review your information and contact you should your qualifications align with our needs.
Huntsman is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek talent in every job position that best supports our clients, teams, and workplace. We prohibit discrimination based on race; color; creed; sex; gender (including identity and expression); religion (including dress and grooming practices); marital status; registered domestic partner status; age; national origin or ancestry; physical or mental disability; medical condition; sexual orientation; military and veteran status; caregiver status; political affiliation; or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.