Website Huntsman Architectural Group
Huntsman Architectural Group is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm dedicated to elevating the human experience by designing places that connect, sustain, and inspire.
We actively engage clients as partners in the design process to explore their unique aspirations and culture, while prioritizing wellness, sustainability, and equity in the built environment. The result is places with meaning.
We believe in the conservation of environmental resources. Our focus is on realizing the potential of existing buildings through revitalization and inspiring interior environments to create lasting value for our clients and communities.
Our services include strategic workplace consulting, interior design, and architecture across a wide array of project types in the commercial, institutional, educational, residential, and other sectors.
The firm was established in 1981 and is a 100% ESOP employee-owned company. Our offices in San Francisco, New York, and Chicago are home to over 70 architects, interior designers, project managers, and support staff who are passionate about their work – explorers and innovators who never lose sight of our client’s vision. We maintain a fast-paced and fun work environment where team-based success is highly valued.
Huntsman is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in its design practice, its operations, and in the greater community by improving access for all to the architecture and design profession. We value our employees work-life balance, offering hybrid work (home/office), comprehensive benefits, and paid time off, in addition to competitive salaries. We consider mentoring and continuous learning integral to the long-term professional development of our team members.
About this Role
The Designer is an integral team member, collaborating on design ideas and opportunities primarily for commercial interiors and tenant improvement projects. This role is involved in all phases of a project.
- Verify and document existing spaces prior to design development, including code compliance
- Space planning, selection of finishes and furniture
- Assist in designing projects that adhere to budget parameters
- Prepare project documentation
- Create 3D models and digital color renderings
- Assist team in preparing client presentations including look books, presentation boards and renderings
- Assist with various onsite construction administration tasks
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interior and architectural design skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Computer savvy with strong skills in Autodesk Revit.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as needed
- Ability to efficiently support multiple teams, if needed
- Facility with SketchUp and other 3D modeling tools, as well as Adobe Creative Suite and MS-Office are highly desired
- Hand sketching and conceptual drawing/modeling skills a plus
- Experience producing Construction Documents
- Working knowledge of state and local Building Codes, including accessibility
- Knowledge of sustainable design, LEED and/or WELL project participation a plus
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience working on interior design and/or architectural projects, preferably on workplace, commercial interiors, and/or tenant improvement projects
If you meet the qualifications, experience, and requirements for this position, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, portfolio and/or a link to your work in a single PDF (maximum 10 MB) to: hr(at)huntsmanag(dot)com. In your e-mail subject line, please indicate Designer – San Francisco.
We will review your information and contact you should your qualifications align with our needs.
Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Huntsman will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.