Website John Maniscalco Architecture
John Maniscalco Architecture is seeking a Project Manager with 5-10 years of experience for an immediate opening with our many new and ongoing projects across the Bay Area and the US.
jmA is an award-winning architecture studio located in San Francisco focused on the creation of thoughtfully crafted, rigorously detailed modern residences. We share a passion for the collaborative design process and are dedicated to crafting user-centric, intrinsically site-connected solutions that enhance the lives of our clients. We believe in a studio atmosphere wherein individuals come together to learn from one another, provide input, and collaborate in the collective efforts to develop the highly crafted work we seek to build.
We are operating as a hybrid office with flexibility as we continually respond to the changing COVID environment to protect the safety of our team.
Project Manager qualities
- We value highly motivated, energetic individuals who are excited by the opportunity to find innovative and thoughtful design solutions
- Individuals with a willingness to be involved in a variety of tasks and assignments across all project phases from conceptual design to construction administration.
- Have a self-directed and motivated mentality to grow with the firm.
- Availability to join the team in the near term after job offer acceptance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture from an accredited university
- 5-10 years experience in architectural firms
- Excellent spatial and general design sensibilities with an attention to detail
- Background in architectural project and project team management
- Preparation of presentation drawings and technical documentation of permit through construction document sets
- Familiarity with local permitting processes
- Experience in detailing and material/finish specification in Type V construction, preferably on high-end custom residential projects
- Effective communication with consultants, contractors and local agency authorities
- Proficiency in Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, Lumion, 3D modeling, and Adobe Suite
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- The Project Manager position is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive salary, D.O.E.
- A generous benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, 401k retirement plan, discretionary profit sharing, and disability insurance along with paid vacation, sick leave, and standard paid holidays.
- We support growth and encourage firm growth and professional growth opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com with “2022 Project Manager Employment” in the email subject line. Please assemble all these items into a single PDF (cover letter → resume, → portfolio), and title the file “[your last name] – Project Manager.” No files larger than 10Mb, please.
Provide a brief statement about how your professional aspirations align with joining the jmA team? And how you see yourself being a valuable asset to the studio in your cover letter. A resume and portfolio or work sample highlighting your qualifications for the role and your specific involvement in the work.
jmA will review and consider all applicants and submitted materials; however, please note that we cannot respond to all applicants.