Website jones | haydu
jones | haydu is seeking an intermediate designer / job captain for a full-time position.
We are looking for highly creative, skilled and driven individuals with 1-3 years of experience in an architecture firm. Candidates must have an accredited degree in architecture (BArch or MArch). We are generalists. We are looking for individuals who are great designers with a demonstrated interest in how buildings go together.
Candidates should have great communication skills, both verbal and written. As generalists, the job will require working on a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, requiring a great attitude, reliability, organizational skills, and a collaborative spirit. We are looking for individuals with great design skills and experience putting together drawing sets, particularly for residential and/or type five construction projects.
- An accredited professional architecture degree: BArch or March
- 1-3 years of experience in an architecture firm
- Enrollment with NCARB or active pursuit of licensure
- Self-motivated and able to manage one’s own time
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent rendering and modeling skills
- Residential experience is preferred
- AutoCAD experience is a must
- Revit experience is preferred
- Other preferred skills include: Sketchup, Lumion, SU podium, Photoshop
We are an award winning, design driven firm with a demonstrated interest in innovative solutions, and attention to craft and detail. We strike a balance between large firm experience and small firm intimacy. Our design philosophy is centered on specificity in each design problem and solution. Our process seeks inspiration from the user and circumstance in a collaborative work place. Our projects are primarily in San Francisco and the Bay Area and consist of programmatically rich environments. Our work has been published in Dwell, Interior Design Magazine, Architectural Digest, California Home and Design, the San Francisco Chronicle and The Architect’s Newspaper.
Our office is located at the foot of Potrero Hill. We share studio space with other creatives in a laid back, collaborative atmosphere.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume, work samples, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org