Website Judicial Council of California
JOB TITLE: ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO OR SACRAMENTO
JOB OPENING #: 5396
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for the position of Engineering Supervisor for the Quality Compliance/Quality Assurance unit in the Facilities Services office.
The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day functions and activities of the Qualify Assurance team. Incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining quality assurance policies and procedures, developing and applying design standards for building equipment and building systems, program development, training, and allocating resources for assigned capital and facility modification design and construction projects.
The Judicial Council strives for work life balance and includes substantial vacation and holiday time. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package including pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, $130 monthly stipend towards public transit commuting costs, and retirement savings plans. In San Francisco, the office is only a 7-minute walk from the Civic Center BART station in downtown San Francisco. In Sacramento, the office is located minutes from downtown, just north of Discovery Park.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the San Francisco or Sacramento office. The Judicial Council is currently on a remote work schedule through December 2021.
· Supervisory duties:
– Recommends selection of staff.
– Trains staff and proposes internal and external training courses and workshops.
– Approves time off requests.
– Reviews and approves time sheets.
– Evaluate employee performance and conducts performance reviews; and
– Administers discipline as required.
· Oversight of Quality Assurance unit and program:
– Oversees the day-to-day activities of the Quality Assurance unit in managing capital and facility modification projects.
– Prepare, assign, maintain, and oversee the flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of assigned workload and adherence to standards of quality control.
– Working with the project management staff, manage the pre-design (scoping) and design phases, and provide detailed reviews of draft construction plans and specifications to help determine if there are factors that may impede construction or factors that may impact time, cost, or quality.
· Oversee the fire and life safety (FLS) project work under the jurisdiction of Office of the State Fire Marshal:
– Oversee the work of Fire Protection Engineer and keep track of FLS projects progress.
– Maintain contracts for FLS firms, track project progress, review and approve invoices.
– Provide FLS reviews to staff utilizing FPE on staff or FLS consultants under contract.
· Develop policies and procedures, statewide standards, and program development:
– Develop policies and procedures and best practices for the quality assurance program for the judicial branch, including new construction and existing court facilities.
· Provide oversight of the Judicial Council staff in reviewing Audio Visual work on new capital projects, facility modifications and Judicial Council conference centers:
– Oversee the work of the Judicial Council staff in advocating for and compliance to the Trial Court Design Standards for audiovisual needs in new construction projects.
– Provide oversight in the review of consultant/contractor qualifications related to new RFPs/RFQs.
· Provide oversight in the implementation of the Cell Phone Rooftop Lease Program:
– Provide oversight in the review and response to requests for modifications to rooftop communications equipment.
· Oversee the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing projects:
– Track progress on the MEP FM projects across the state handled by the mechanical engineer.
– Solicit structural, mechanical, and electrical peer reviewers as appropriate for projects at milestones.
· Provide accessibility knowledge base to Project Management unit and Facilities Operations unit:
– Provide ADA and CBC accessibility reviews to staff.
– Participate in architectural and engineering peer reviews. Coordinate information between reviewers and JCC project managers.
Bachelor’s degree in building construction management, mechanical engineering or a directly related field, and five (5) years of facilities maintenance management and/or building engineering/construction experience, which includes one (1) year of supervisory experience. An additional four years of professional experience as noted above may substitute for the bachelor’s degree. Or, additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Two years as an Engineer or other level C43 class (with a professional Engineer or Architect license) with the Judicial Council of California or two years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of a licensed Engineer in a California Superior Court or California state-level government agency and a) completion of training courses on topics related to effective supervision within 6 months of promotion; or b) one year of previous supervisory experience.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professional Engineer or Architect.
Valid driver’s license as assigned.
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on November 1, 2021. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, please click the Apply for Job button. https://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (415) 865-4272.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$8,257.00 – $12,386.00 per month
(Starting Salary: $8,257 per month)
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
· Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
· 13 paid holidays per calendar year
· Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
· 1 personal holiday per year
· $130 transit pass subsidy per month
· CalPERS Retirement Plan
· 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· FlexElect Program
· Pretax Parking
· Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
· Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, we will review your responses to the following questions. Please indicate for which employer you performed these functions. Your answers should not exceed a total of three pages.
1. Do you have a current valid California driver’s license?
2. Do you have Professional Engineer or Architect License?
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@Jud.ca.gov