Website Judicial Council of California
JOB TITLE: Facilities Analyst
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO/ SACRAMENTO
JOB OPENING #: 5579
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for the position of Facilities Analyst for the Facilities Services Office.
The Facilities Analyst in the Planning unit is a journey-level, facilities planner position. This position performs project- and program-level planning, providing professional and technical facilities analysis. This position is responsible for assisting the preparation of budget packages to request funding for capital-outlay projects; assisting the preparation of space programs, cost estimates, and design packages for new leased space and modifications to existing space, assisting senior staff with analyzing current use of court space to maximize use for changing functional needs; assisting senior staff with the management of special planning studies and preparation of reports to the Judicial Council and outside agencies; and staffing the Judicial Council’s Trial Court Facility Modification Advisory Committee (TCFMAC) and the Court Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC).
The Judicial Council strives for work-life balance and includes substantial vacation and holiday time. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package including pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, $130 monthly stipend towards public transit commuting costs, and retirement savings plans. In San Francisco, the office is only a 7-minute walk from the Civic Center BART station in downtown San Francisco. In Sacramento, the office is located minutes from downtown, just north of Discovery Park.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the San Francisco or Sacramento office. Hybrid (in-house/remote) work schedule is available for 2022.
· Staff to the Judicial Council’s TCFMAC and CFAC:
– Assists preparation of meeting agendas, materials, presentations, and minutes for review by Committee Lead Staff/office leadership prior to review by committee members, courts, justice partners, and the public.
– Develops deadlines for meeting materials and coordinates submission of materials to meet public posting deadlines.
– Coordinates with Associate Analyst to plan in-person and remote meeting logistics including but not limited to: determining meeting locations, polling members for availability, room arrangements, ordering catering, arranging audio/visual support, and facilitating technical support needs for meetings held remotely via BlueJeans.
– Posts meeting notices, agendas, and materials on Judicial Council website per require public posting dates and distributes agendas and materials to committee members.
· Capital Project Support:
– Researches court facility plans and capital project documents to provide needed information and update project records.
– Assists Senior Planner and Planning Unit Supervisor who:
- -Serve as members of capital project planning/design teams.
- -Develop capital project programming and planning documents and monitoring of consultants who prepare such documents.
- -Make recommendations on performance criteria, schematic design, design development, and construction documents to ensure compliance with facilities policies and programs.
· Support for Non-Capital Projects/Programs:
– Assists Senior Planner and Planning Unit Supervisor with planning court expansion projects such as space reconfigurations, modular buildings, and leases with tenant improvements.
– Develops data and prepares findings of facilities research for budget documents.
– Confirms court needs for additional space whether building specific, regional, or court wide, assisting development of the space program, concept drawings, project schedule, and project cost estimate.
· Reporting to Judicial Council/its Advisory Committees and Outside Agencies:
– Prepares reports and documents for review by office leadership prior to review by the Judicial Council/its advisory committees or outside agencies.
· Budget Package Preparation for Capital-Outlay Projects:
– Develops data and prepares findings of facilities research for budget package documents, such as project feasibility reports.
– Assists in coordinating local court and Judicial Council Facilities Services collaboration on defining all aspects of each project, including size, scope, schedule, and cost.
Bachelor’s degree, and three (3) years of professional experience providing analytical and technical support to facilities management. An additional four years of professional experience in the assigned function as noted above may substitute for the bachelor’s degree. Or, additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Master’s degree in a directly related field such as architecture, civil engineering, or construction or building management.
Two years as an Associate Facilities Analyst, in the assigned field, with the Judicial Council of California or two years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of an Associate Facilities Analyst in a California Superior Court or California state-level government entity.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
− Valid driver’s license, as assigned.
− Valid certification is required for positions identified as Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
As a condition of employment, employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. Proof of vaccination, if submitted, must be received before the start date. If you have questions about these requirements, you may confidentially submit them to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on May 26, 2022. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, go to job opening #5579 at https://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (415) 865-4272.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$6,708.00 – $10,062.00 per month
(Starting salary will be $6,708.00 per month)
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
· Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
· 13 paid holidays per calendar year
· Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
· 1 personal holiday per year
· $130 transit pass subsidy per month
· CalPERS Retirement Plan
· 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· FlexElect Program
· Pretax Parking
· Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
· Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, please provide a response to the following questions:
1. Describe why you are interested in this position.
2. This position involves assisting the planning of capital projects, researching complex facilities issues, and drafting reports on a variety of facilities topics. Strong research, analysis, and writing ability is required. Please describe, in some detail, the relevant experience you have in performing comparable work and indicate why you believe your experience and skills qualify you for the position.
3. Briefly describe the types of analytical projects you have worked on and your role in these projects.
4. Provide a writing sample that affirms your ability to clearly organize and communicate your thoughts on a project or facilities-related topic.
5. Do you have any other employment by the State of California that is not already provided on your application? If yes, please list the specific departments or agencies for which you worked. If you have no prior state service, please state “none”.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com