Website Judicial Council of California
JOB TITLE: SENIOR FACILITIES ANALYST (SUSTAINABILITY)
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO/SACRAMENTO
JOB OPENING #: 5425
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for the position of Senior Facilities Analyst for the Facilities Services office.
The Senior Facilities Analyst will be responsible for providing technical analysis and expertise, program development, sustainability compliance, and training related to all aspects of energy efficiency and sustainability in support of existing court facilities and capital projects.
The Judicial Council’s Sustainability program focus includes: energy efficiency, water conservation, carbon reduction, climate change adaptation, green operations, renewable energy and, zero waste. The nature of the work will include provision of technical expertise primarily in energy efficiency, mechanical, lighting, and building automation systems, benchmarking, energy modeling, renewable energy and storage, zero net energy, greenhouse gas inventory and coordination of assigned sustainability initiatives.
The Judicial Council strives for work-life balance and includes substantial vacation and holiday time. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package including pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, $130 monthly stipend towards public transit commuting costs, and retirement savings plans. In San Francisco, the office is only a 7-minute walk from the Civic Center BART station in downtown San Francisco. In Sacramento, the office is located minutes north of downtown in Natomas.
The successful candidate will report to the San Francisco or Sacramento office.
· Research and piloting of alternative fund programs and creative solutions in support of reaching sustainability energy and efficiency goals:
– Provide the Sustainability unit first-level point of contact for alternative financing arrangements for energy efficiency, renewable energy systems and water conservation projects such as PPA, DA, ESCO, ESA, OBF.
– Draft RFI/RFQ documentation for Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), Savings Based Arrangements such as Service Agreements (ESA) and Performance Contracting (ESPC) and On-Bill Financing (OBF) alternatives for projects.
– Maintain a close working relationship with the CPUC funded Statewide Partnership supporting Energy Efficiency at state owned facilities. Maintain a working relationship with major utility representatives to review energy efficiency projects, rebates, new programs and potential rate increases or new demand response programs.
· Lead the efforts of Benchmarking, Energy/Water Auditing and Energy/Water Management, as means to reduce Utility Costs and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions in the portfolio of courthouse facilities statewide.
· Educate Judicial Council staff on sustainability program initiatives, standards, best practices, and compliance to achieve sustainability goals:
– Develop material and facilitate online web-ex or in-person trainings on Sustainability, Energy Efficiency, Water Conservation, Waste Minimization and Recycling and related topics.
– Take an active role in supporting the Sustainability Supervisor with the development and ongoing updates to Energy and Green Building policies, Owner’s Project Requirements (OPRs) JCC Technical Standards, Operating Guidelines and energy data collection for GHG Inventory to move towards improved energy management of portfolio and Sustainability goals.
· Provide technical expertise for Facility Modification Coordination and Comment (FMCC) internal process for repair, replacement, and renovations of facilities assets.
· Provide technical analysis and support to Facilities Operations and Capital Program, such as Energy Performance design criteria, capturing incentives, and other strategies to meet JCC Sustainability targets.
· Provide technical support to Water Conservation Program.
· Support Zero Waste Program;
– Provide summary data for program Key Performance Indicators such as waste intensity ratios, waste diversion % etc.
Bachelor’s degree, and four (4) years of professional experience in providing analytical and technical support to facilities management.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field such as environmental science, biology, engineering, real estate, etc., may be substituted for one of the years of required experience. An additional four years of professional experience as noted above may substitute for the bachelor’s degree. Or, additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Master’s degree in a directly related field such as architecture, civil engineering, or construction or building management, and one (1) year of experience in providing analytical and technical support to facilities management.
One year as a Facilities Analyst, in the assigned field, with the Judicial Council of California or one year of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of Facilities Analyst in a California Superior Court or California state-level government entity.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
– Valid driver’s license, as assigned.
– Environmental management certifications, as assigned.
– Current California Real Estate Sales Associate or Broker’s license, as assigned.
· Licensed PE or EE, LEED AP, and/or CEM preferred
· Project Management certification – PMP
· Water Conservation Qualification – SWEP, QWL, or CWM preferred
· Energy Star Portfolio Manager Verifier and benchmarking experience preferred
· Energy Modelling experience preferred
· Familiarity with ZNE buildings, LEED EBOM v4, T24/Cal Green preferred
· GHG Inventory Management & Calculation
· Controls System Programming Logic experience
· Experience with Strategic Energy Management Initiatives such as ISO500001, Superior Energy Performance, Better Buildings Initiative
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on October 28, 2021. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, go to job opening #5425 at https://www.courts.ca.gov/careers.htm
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (415) 865-4272.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$7,090.00 – $10,635.00 per month
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
· Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
· 13 paid holidays per calendar year
· Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
· 1 personal holiday per year
· $130 transit pass subsidy per month
· CalPERS Retirement Plan
· 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· FlexElect Program
· Pretax Parking
· Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
· Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, please provide a response to the following questions:
1. Describe your experience with policy and/or procedure development, and establishment of best practices for an energy/water efficiency, sustainability, or facilities programs.
2. What exposure have you had to building science concepts, energy efficiency or water conservation projects for large commercial buildings facilities?
3. Please submit any supplemental samples of your relevant experience in: Life cycle cost benefit analysis, energy or water conservation audits, green building standards or organizational policy.
4. Describe your involvement with retrofit or new construction project certifications for any of the following: CalGreen voluntary tiers, LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge, TRUE Zero Waste, RESET, PHIUS+, BREEAM. Alternatively, please describe relevant work based around management systems standards such as ISO 14001, ISO 50001 or ISO 9001.
5. Describe your experience summarizing complex topics in order to facilitate leadership decision-making.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@Jud.ca.gov