Little is seeking a passionate and highly capable Science & Technology/Life Sciences Studio Principal for the Durham, NC office. Specific emphasis and responsibility for this position will be for the continued growth and development of the Workplace Science & Technology studio.
Projects in this studio include base building, headquarters, interiors and mixed-use projects for commercial and institutional developers, higher education clients as well as private companies and end user clients. This position is a part of our National Workplace Practice Group where the mission is to share best practices, thought leadership, and resources across our footprint.
Little Diversified Architectural Consulting (Little), an architecture and design firm, is recognized for developing exceptional design solutions that generate business results in the community, workplace, healthcare and retail industries. Little delivers Results Beyond Architecture by combining expertise in architecture, engineering, interior architecture, land development, workplace consulting, brand communication and design, building technology applications, and digital media services. The firm has over 400 employees in 5 offices across the United States.
Key Experience and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will be a registered architect and have a clear understanding and extensive knowledge of laboratory typologies and the trends impacting today’s lab/workplace. This candidate must possess the ability and skills to build | sustain existing client relationships and to find and win new relationships. Positive energy, drive, fun, a total commitment to regenerative design, design excellence, and project profitability are vital attributes. Also important is the ability to foster great design, cultivate talent, motivate people, and act as a mentor/role model.
The leader must have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Science projects. Previous experience with industry leading clients is important. LEED and/or WELL building standard accreditation (or working towards accreditation) is highly valued. Business development acumen demonstrated through an active network, in leadership positions in industry related organizations and/or recognition of award-winning designs would be highly valued. Consideration will be given to Registered Architects who have demonstrated abilities in the following 5 key areas:
· Design Expertise & Execution: Possess a deep experience in the execution on laboratory buildings. Vivarium, cleanroom and greenhouse experience an added value. Working with design partners to continuously improve the quality of our work through thoughtful design solutions and quality project detailing and execution is critical to achieving results beyond architecture.
· Business Development: Initiate and develop new business opportunities through professional networks, strategically targeting new clients and existing client relationships with an ability to identify, be considered for, and win new work. Integrate a strategic Business Development plan for developing new science business, creating revenue and profitable growth.
· Client Satisfaction: Possess a deep conviction for client satisfaction. Become a trusted advisor to our clients and earn client loyalty through subject matter expertise, client care, and service. We are looking for someone who focuses on “what is in it for the other person”.
· Financial Responsibility: Maintain strong studio profitability, allowing us to reward our people and continue to invest in new processes, technologies and our competitive edge. A clear understanding of market conditions that impact cost is necessary to serve our clients.
· Leadership & Team Building: Create followership with your team through clear communication, mentoring, motivation and vision. The ability to grow the Little National Workplace Partnership by working productively toward common goals with peers in other offices and our diversified disciplines and leadership teams. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical to the success of this role.
· Thought Leadership: Expertise in the lab environment and innovation so that thought leadership, progressive thinking, innovative design solutions and high-quality execution are adopted and promoted for the growth of the team.
We believe in the power of design to transform peoples’ lives. Our Value Proposition challenges each of us to deliver exceptional, measurable results to our clients. Our Brand Promise is aimed at designing:
· High Performance Workplaces that Maximize Results
· Inspired Workplaces that Transform Culture
· Sustainable Workplace Environments that Enhance Communities
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LIT1004LDAC/JobBoard/30702fd2-636e-4886-b1ce-4fc3b07e37ec/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=04e65697-ef7b-486a-a7c7-61cfc826a091
Want to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or a member of our HR Team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org