Website Martinkovic Milford Architects
One year after accepting a Job Captain position at Martinkovic Milford Architects, you look back and remark at the opportunities you’ve taken advantage of:
- You’ve been very impressed with how we stress personal and professional growth for each team member, how we back this with considerable resources invested in the education of staff, and how we are completely dedicated to the continual improvement of the firm, including how we operate, how we communicate, how we align our goals, and how we perform.
- You appreciate the variety of project types you’ve been able to work on, from fast and fun retail tenant improvement projects to hospitality-forward healthcare spaces to grand and exciting restaurants to single-family homes for lovely families.
- You’ve met with your mentor 12 times, where you’ve discussed your life and career goals. You’ve set short, medium and long-term goals, and your first year of work at MMA has contributed significantly to your stated goals.
- You’ll have participated in 14 Level-Up educational sessions, where our seasoned Project Architects teach fundamental philosophies and practices, all fueling professional growth, and all directly applicable to your everyday practice.
- You’ve attended live one-on-one redlining sessions with a principal, where you’ve gained a greater understanding of the “why” behind the “what” construction documents. You appreciate that every line and note carries meaning, and you’ve grown to appreciate construction documents as a valuable tool in clearly conveying design intent to the field.
- You’ve participated in over 50 weekly firm-wide meetings, where we socialize, plan the work week ahead, and dedicate time for educational moments, new learnings and sharing project progress.
- You’ve been well supported across the team structure, and in turn you’ll have been a great source of support to others. You’ve learned that the team is everything.
- You take great satisfaction in contributing – every day – to the success of our projects and clients. Several of the projects you’ve worked on are already complete, you’ve seen the challenges arise and helped to overcome them, and you take great pride in the successful outcome.
- You’ve participated in many social events and have even instigated a couple. The events range from happy hours with curated spirits, to bracket-style tasting competitions, to lunches and dinners and fun off-site events with the team.
- You still marvel at how well stocked the Nespresso bar is, and at how Brian brews a killer dark roast coffee.
The Job Captain role is very important in our firm, it’s the foundation of how we communicate effectively to the project team. We are seeking a dedicated, hard-working Job Captain to be a competent, capable and supportive team member to:
- Participate in the design and execution of a variety of project types
- Help plan, organize, and coordinate the production of high-quality construction documents
- Generate project renderings to constantly seek growth and develop into a role to help design and manage projects.
You should be eager to bring a positive attitude every day, to learn from others, to share your knowledge and to be an integral contributor to the team.
Job Captain Candidate Requirements:
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an NAAB accredited school of architecture
· 2-5 years of relevant experience in architecture
· Strong design skills, strong production capability
· Proficiency with Revit software
· An intrinsic desire to work hard and a desire to derive meaning and satisfaction from your work
Excellent opportunities for growth and advancement
401(K) plan with company contribution, health benefits
Professional training and certification stipend, technology stipend, ARE test reimbursement
An outstanding, supportive in-person professional environment
Please email your cover letter, CV and design/work samples to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org