Website McGriff Architects
Based in the Bay Area and expanding into the New York region, McGriff Architects specializes in custom residential spaces that nourish and inspire.
We trust and empower our team with the agency to make decisions that impact the work and the culture of the firm, while making sure that each team member is supported and assisted by our amazing and diverse staff of architects. The nature of the office is casual with a sense of humor, yet our work is rigorous in quality and detail.
When we’re not working from home, our office is located in San Francisco’s Mission District, a short walk from 16th Street BART Station. We look forward to returning to our office (and our neighborhood lunch options) as soon as safe and reasonable. At this time, we are open to candidates who live outside of the San Francisco Bay Area who hope to relocate.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Project Manager (10-15 years experience)
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who is collaborative, organized and self-directing within a larger team.
- A talented individual who is looking to take responsibility and grow within the organization.
- A mentor who is comfortable training junior staff.
- Someone who can manage client expectations while providing a high level of service and attention.
- A team player who is willing to jump in when needed.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Able to lead construction detailing in collaboration with senior staff or technical consultants.
- Ability to manage budgets and schedules on several projects concurrently, while prioritizing efforts.
- Experience with sustainable building and design practices, including the implementation of LEED and/or GreenPoint Rating procedures.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD; proficiency with SketchUp and Revit a plus.
- An exceptional design sensibility and a strong portfolio; hand sketching is a plus.
- 10-15 years of experience with an architectural firm, including custom residential projects.
- Skilled in planning and creating reliable, well-coordinated AutoCAD drawings in all phases of design and documentation.
- Experienced with typical construction phase services including coordinating with contractors and consultants.
- Accredited degree in Architecture (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- CA license, or in active pursuit of professional licensure
We offer a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), paid time off and paid holidays, health insurance benefits, transit benefits, a 401(k) plan with employer contribution, continuing education benefits, and excellent potential for professional advancement and growth. Incentives are also offered for completion of professional licensure.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and professional work samples in PDF format (or a link to your website).
Please send all items to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager – Your Name.” No telephone calls or recruiters, please.
McGriff Architects thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.