Website Mikiten Architecture
Mikiten Architecture and our new branch The Art of Access are looking for a smart, self-directed Mid-Level to Senior Designer/Architect (full or part time) who shares our passion for innovation in housing, single-family homes, Workplace projects, Universal Design, and research.
We are mission-driven and believe that the right people are our greatest asset. We value someone who energize others and is excited to be part of expanding our global leadership in Universal Design.
ABOUT US: Mikiten Architecture designs award-winning buildings in every category, with a theme of art and social justice behind each one. We are skillful, determined, dedicated and curious.
In 2021 we launched The Art of Access (artofaccess.com) to show the world that Universal Design (UD) isn’t just a set of technical goals; it’s an opportunity for greater creativity and dramatically beautiful buildings…that happen to be comfortable for everyone. Although we offer technical expertise, it’s the artistic opportunities that made us create a new company. We’re already influencing Workplace design of some of the biggest tech firms on the planet.
IN-PERSON WORK: Only local candidates able to work in our office will be considered. We have work-from-home flexibility, but the creative energy of in-person collaboration is critical. No remote-only applicants, please. However, we believe that a comfortable work environment is a must! We offer a unique West Berkeley office location and enjoy meetings in our peaceful garden.
(See list of materials to provide at the bottom of this ad.)
– A beautiful, supportive work environment.
– Fun, creative projects with good clients.
– Striving for design innovation and sustainability.
– A global leadership position in Universal Design.
– A surprising range of work for a small office: Multifamily, commercial, Tech Workplace, single-family, and UD-specific work of all types.
– Flexibility for employees with children or other family duties.
– 3+ years of experience for mid-level position, or 8+ years for senior position (preferably licensed or close to licensure).
– Ability to think through, organize, and manage a project.
– Experience producing a full set of CD’s and developing architectural details.
– Construction Administration experience.
– Strong BIM skills. We use Archicad (not AutoCAD). We prefer a candidate with Archicad experience, but will consider those with strong overall 3D BIM capabilities (such as Revit).
– Knowledge of and passion for Universal Design and Sustainable Design.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– An acute attention to detail.
– Highly principled and sees meaning in work that’s socially important and also pushes ideas of sculptural design.
– Passion for diving in deep and running with a project, from the first line drawn to the last touch on the building.
– Interest in working on both small and large projects.
– Upbeat, can-do attitude.
– Enjoyment of beauty, quiet, and focus in their workspace and in their projects.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND:
1. Cover letter presenting yourself and why you are interested in this position.
*** Please describe your Archicad or other BIM capabilities in detail. ***
2. PDF resume.
3. A link to your work OR 3 PDF images of representative design work AND production work (no DWG files).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org