Website OpenScope Studio
OpenScope Studio is a 13 person firm founded in San Francisco in 2013, with a second office in Los Angeles. Much of our current work is housing at a variety of scales, and this includes a number of different typologies (ADUs, co-living, multi-family, and single family). Currently we have a large number of multifamily ADU projects. We also work on office interiors, retail stores, and the occasional pavilion in the forest.
We are seeking an intermediate designer or architect with strong graphic and problem solving skills for an immediate opening. We are looking to find a long-term contributor to our team who can appreciate the potential for career growth at a growing firm. This is a position where you will be required to effectively multitask on a daily basis and we expect all staff to take on project management responsibilities.
- Assist with the preparation of program and schematic proposals, project layouts and design options in 2D and 3D using Revit.
- Participate in day to day project management using spreadsheets, Asana and other digital tools.
- Prepare construction drawings for contractors, permit agencies, etc. using Revit.
- Assist with construction administration.
- Make site visits to document existing conditions and communicate them to other staff
- Currently located in the immediate San Francisco Bay Area.
- 7 years experience in a U.S. architecture office (post-graduation)
- You must have experience with preparing construction documents for Type V and/or Type III buildings and be able to show samples of this work.
- Experience with multifamily housing and renovations is strongly preferred.
- An architectural degree from an accredited school
- Proficiency with Revit in a professional office environment working on all phases of design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Licensure is not required but demonstrated progress towards fulfilling these requirements is a plus.
- Must be familiar with the building codes related to multi-family buildings
- Must be comfortable with long term remote work using the Google Suite, Autodesk BIM360 and other online collaboration tools. Must have a suitable work from home setup for participating in video calls and working uninterrupted.
- 100% Employer-paid health insurance
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan
- 10 days PTO + sick leave and paid holidays
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hybrid workplace. It is expected you will be able to come to the office in Potrero Hill occaisionally and get to project sites around San Francisco and the Bay Area.
How to Apply
Please email a digital portfolio, resume and cover letter as follows:
Subject Line: Project Architect Position
Please send us ONE .pdf file with a resume and portfolio sample of your best work. The file should be less than 5MB. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to work here. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Do not send a link to ISSUU or another online portfolio site in lieu of a PDF.