We are pleased to announce new opportunities to join our team. With roots extending back to a two-person partnership formed in 1898 Page Southerland Page, Inc. is today one of the most prolific and enduring architectural and engineering practices. A full-service design organization with offices in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Denver, Dubai, Mexico City, Phoenix, San Francisco and Washington DC, Page provides architecture, interiors, consulting and engineering services throughout the United States and around the world. The firm’s diverse, international portfolio includes projects in the healthcare, academic, government and science and technology sectors, as well as civic, corporate and urban housing projects. With a staff of over 650 architects, engineers, designers, strategic analysts, planners and technical specialists, Page has the resources and professional affiliations to responsibly handle projects of all scales and schedules.
Page is seeking a Designer in our San Francisco office to collaborate to develop design solutions as well as coordinate the design through the construction documentation phase of a project. Creates as well as translates sketches and documents into realized 2D/3D models and images, and research artistic and/or technical issues when they arise. Strong focus on housing/hospitality/multi family.
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards
- With direction from the project architect or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent
- Works closely with delivery team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
- Builds models for client/project team review
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research
- Assures document standards are met and archives documents appropriately
- May assist team in construction administration document management
- Basic hand drafting skills
- Proficiency in REVIT
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- 5+ years of project experience
- Focus on Housing Hospitality a plus
- Proficiency in modeling using 2D/3D software, such as CAD, Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3ds MAX, and/or Rhino utilizing V-Ray
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and parametric design software, including Grasshopper, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required, Master’s preferred.
Please provide a link to your portfolio on resume when applying for review.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our firm started as a partnership between two brothers in 1898. We have been making history for over 100 years. We are expanding leadership opportunities to all employees who will continue to guide the firm’s evolution and expansion. At Page, we’re all owners. We own the vision, we own the work and we’re owners in the firm through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Owning stock in Page means you get returns on the hard work you invest in the firm. It helps better prepare you for retirement and helps better prepare the firm to pass its success to the next generation.
To learn more about the firm, our benefits and additional career opportunities, go to pagethink.com.
Page is an EOE/AA/VET/IWD employer and subscribes to E-verify.